ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wireless question, SR2050 into ac3  (Read 8032 times)

Andrew Makinson

wireless question, SR2050 into ac3
« on: December 27, 2014, 09:21:56 PM »

I already have a Sennheiser SR2050 and 2 packs.  Would I have any issues with running 2 channels of EW300 and 2 channels of 2000 series into an AC3 combiner? 

I'm interested in upgrading to 8 channels of wireless IEM. I'm considering 4 channels of EW300 into an AC3 with a circular polarized antenna, and 2 + 2 channels of EW300 + 2000 series into another AC3 with another circular polarized antenna.

Interested in this antenna: http://www.kaltmancreationsllc.com/circular-polarization-antenna/  The antennas would be mounted in the ceiling about 16' above the back of the stage looking at the whole stage.  Stage is only about 20' deep and 35' wide.

Your time and wisdom are much appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:00:59 AM by Andrew Makinson »
--
Andrew Makinson
Grace Covenant Church
Chantilly, VA

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: wireless question, SR2050 into ac3
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 01:35:23 AM »

I already have a Sennheiser SR2050 and 2 packs.  Would I have any issues with running 2 channels of EW300 and 2 channels of 2000 series into an AC3 combiner? 

I'm interesting in upgrading to 8 channels of wireless IEM. I'm considering 4 channels of EW300 into an AC3 with a circular polarized antenna, and 2 + 2 channels of EW300 + 2000 series into another AC3 with another circular polarized antenna.

Interested in this antenna: http://www.kaltmancreationsllc.com/circular-polarization-antenna/  The antennas would be mounted in the ceiling about 16' above the back of the stage looking at the whole stage.  Stage is only about 20' deep and 35' wide.

Your time and wisdom are much appreciated!

The AC3 spec says its maximum input power is 30mW. The 2050 can be set for more than that so that's sonething to be aware of. Also, the AC3 delivers DC power via its BNC connectors to power the G3 EW300. I don't know if that would be an issue with the 2050 but it's something else to be aware of.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Andrew Makinson

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 08:26:33 PM »

The AC3 spec says its maximum input power is 30mW. The 2050 can be set for more than that so that's sonething to be aware of. Also, the AC3 delivers DC power via its BNC connectors to power the G3 EW300. I don't know if that would be an issue with the 2050 but it's something else to be aware of.
Brian,  I called Sennheiser about these things and they said DC won't be a problem to the 2050.  I'll set the 2050 to 30mW and should be good to go.  Thanks!
--
Andrew Makinson
Grace Covenant Church
Chantilly, VA

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 09:31:03 PM »

Brian,  I called Sennheiser about these things and they said DC won't be a problem to the 2050.  I'll set the 2050 to 30mW and should be good to go.  Thanks!

i had a feeling it wouldn't.  so now we both know it isn't an issue.  so thanks to You for That.  :)

FWIW, the AC2 would basically provide the same functionality as the AC3.  Granted, you're gonna have to hunt one down used, but i just bought a couple for 300 ish so it was worth the hunt.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 09:31:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.