ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Board issues  (Read 1531 times)

Michael Lamp.

Board issues
« on: December 12, 2014, 11:22:39 PM »

I have a soundcraft .gb8. I am having issues where a channel will start buzzing and the signal level drops dramatically. But what's weird is if I engage then disengage the phantom power button it returns to normal and stops buzzing.... any thoughts as to what could cause this? Board is only a year old. Was thinking snake but not sure.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Board issues
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 04:36:26 PM »

I have a soundcraft .gb8. I am having issues where a channel will start buzzing and the signal level drops dramatically. But what's weird is if I engage then disengage the phantom power button it returns to normal and stops buzzing.... any thoughts as to what could cause this? Board is only a year old. Was thinking snake but not sure.

Cold solder joint, maybe dirty switching contacts on the channel insert jack(s).  Makes for semi-conduction that will become fully conductive in the presence of higher voltages (a "jump start" with a hot signal will do it, usually).
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Board issues
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 04:36:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.