ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55   Go Down

Author Topic: brain storm an optimal human safety system for back line  (Read 186206 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: brain storm an optimal human safety system for back line
« Reply #460 on: March 20, 2016, 02:17:27 PM »

There's a lot of manufacturing capacity in Meridian these days...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #461 on: March 20, 2016, 02:34:46 PM »

There's a lot of manufacturing capacity in Meridian these days...
Where? 

The Peavey plant that used to assemble SMD was about 7 miles up the same road my house is on.  Perhaps why I bought this house, back then. 7 mile commute to work, without even one stop sign.

Those machines have been sold and that factory shuttered, years ago.

Working with Peavey would be like remarrying an ex-wife... never a good idea.

JR

PS: I kept a copy of that Undercover Boss episode on my DVR if I ever need a reminder.  ::)
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #462 on: March 20, 2016, 04:14:34 PM »

Where? 

The Peavey plant that used to assemble SMD was about 7 miles up the same road my house is on.  Perhaps why I bought this house, back then. 7 mile commute to work, without even one stop sign.

Those machines have been sold and that factory shuttered, years ago.

Working with Peavey would be like remarrying an ex-wife... never a good idea.

JR

PS: I kept a copy of that Undercover Boss episode on my DVR if I ever need a reminder.  ::)

Don't re-marry, just date.  At arms length.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Roberts {JR}

• Resotune
« Reply #463 on: March 20, 2016, 06:53:24 PM »

Don't re-marry, just date.  At arms length.
It looks like it is going to take more than a casual date to get somebody to make these... It seems like a no-brainer to me, but what would I know.

JR

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #464 on: March 20, 2016, 09:12:28 PM »

It looks like it is going to take more than a casual date to get somebody to make these... It seems like a no-brainer to me, but what would I know.

JR

The manufacturing is the easy part. There are any number of contract manufacturers out there both in the USA and overseas (such as Sparton Corporation, a company that acquired another company that my wife worked for a decade ago).

The hard part is marketing: finding someone to take the product, turn it into a brand, and get it into the hands of electricians, musicians, consumers, inspectors and anyone else playing with electricity. Ideally, it would be an existing marketer of electrical tools and test gear, such as Fluke, Sperry, Ideal, GB, Greenlee, or any number of other manufacturers that you find in the big box and hardware stores.

Both Home Depot and Lowe's have their own house brands of wiring tools (Commercial Electric and Southwire, respectively -- I think Southwire is licensed by Lowe's just like Ridgid is licensed by HD). Maybe you could talk one of them into adopting the product -- they might like the idea of an "exclusive" product that's better than anything else out there, and cheap enough to make that they could turn a good profit.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

John Roberts {JR}

• Resotune
« Reply #465 on: March 21, 2016, 11:38:28 AM »

The manufacturing is the easy part. There are any number of contract manufacturers out there both in the USA and overseas (such as Sparton Corporation, a company that acquired another company that my wife worked for a decade ago).
of course, I was speaking broadly since this is an audio (electrical safety) forum.
The hard part is marketing: finding someone to take the product, turn it into a brand, and get it into the hands of electricians, musicians, consumers, inspectors and anyone else playing with electricity. Ideally, it would be an existing marketer of electrical tools and test gear, such as Fluke, Sperry, Ideal, GB, Greenlee, or any number of other manufacturers that you find in the big box and hardware stores.
The major hurdle is finding someone already in the business, who is also willing and capable of spending significant dollars to tool up a custom product, and then get UL to approve that product, and finally sell enough with a high enough profit margin to recapture that initial investment and make a profit. 
Both Home Depot and Lowe's have their own house brands of wiring tools (Commercial Electric and Southwire, respectively -- I think Southwire is licensed by Lowe's just like Ridgid is licensed by HD). Maybe you could talk one of them into adopting the product -- they might like the idea of an "exclusive" product that's better than anything else out there, and cheap enough to make that they could turn a good profit.
I have a short list but have already wasted a lot of time with prolonged exclusive serial discussions with two possible partners. I am now looking to expand my reach and cast a wider net with the web page I published.

FWIW I spent a couple years of my time at Peavey, being the guy who reviewed external idea submissions. I rejected everything I saw during my tenure doing that. NIH is a huge hurdle to overcome.

I guess another idea is to get a Chinese manufacturer who is hungry and willing to tool up and approve this product. Then they could private label it, like the current 3 lamp tester is. But I have no desire to wrestle with snakes.

JR

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #466 on: March 21, 2016, 11:44:03 AM »

JR, call me about this... I have an idea.

John Roberts {JR}

• Resotune
« Reply #467 on: March 21, 2016, 12:25:26 PM »

JR, call me about this... I have an idea.
I need to do my day job right now (instead of wanking on the WWW), but I'll try to call later today, or email.

JR

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #468 on: March 21, 2016, 12:32:16 PM »

I gotta admit, I was rather shocked when I saw it.
Kind of blew my image of Hartley.
JR, How much of an influence on Hartley, and Peavey was Melina ?

Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #469 on: March 21, 2016, 12:37:04 PM »

I gotta admit, I was rather shocked when I saw it.
Kind of blew my image of Hartley.
JR, How much of an influence on Hartley, and Peavey was Melina ?

Chris.

Melia Peavey was a very charitable lady who died too young (43, IIRC) in 2003.  JR will have to fill in the rest.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #469 on: March 21, 2016, 12:37:04 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.