ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Bathtub GFCI Save  (Read 15260 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Bathtub GFCI Save
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 06:15:22 PM »

When my new house was being built four years ago, I asked the contractor why the light switch in the guest bathroom had to go to the left of the (left-hinged) door, by the sink, instead of to the right where people would normally expect it when walking in. He said that putting the switch to right of the door would put it within reach of someone in the shower, which would be a code violation.

Hmm, my bathroom light switches (including the shower light & fan) can be reached from the shower. They were installed in 2009 under the NEC 2008 code. The boxes are plastic, the switch plates are plastic and the part you operate are plastic. The whole room is on GFCI.

I would be interested in the section of code he was referring to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 08:00:22 PM »

Girl
Found
Courting
Incarceration

-Dennis

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 12:42:59 PM »

8)NEC 404.4 (C) is the only reference I find regarding switches and shower locations-and interestingly switches can even be located within a shower space IF they are part of a listed assembly.  I may have to ask the inspector next time I see him-seems like I have had them question the same thing.

As for being all plastic-don't forget about the little screws that hold the faceplate on-they are usually metal and screwed into the metal yoke of the switch, but you can touch them.  Yes that should be grounded-and yes the GFCI should protect you in any case.  Plastci screws should be available or sitations where the metal ones can present a hazard-say if an EGC is not available.
Steve Swaffer

Daniel Levi

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2014, 06:43:05 AM »

In Britain the only switches that are allowed in bathrooms are of the pull cord type (inc. shower isolators) and has been for some time.

Dennis Wiggins

« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:22:36 AM by Dennis Wiggins »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2014, 07:00:25 PM »

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »

I saw this the other day when it went viral - absolutely amazing.

Hey, I would want THAT monkey watching my back if something went wrong.  ;D

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2014, 05:33:58 AM »

This whole thread is rather shocking. One of the guys had a monkey in Vietnam that stayed at our base in DaNang. I absolutely hate monkeys. Dirty, they bite, they steal everything, and are just a giant filthy pain in the ass, literally. This monkey met his fate when it bit one of the team, who then pulled his .45 and started shooting at it. He shot at it until his clip emptied and missed every time. However, the monkey ran up a power pole and was electrocuted, fell off the pole, and then was grabbed by a dog who ran away with it. Goodbye monkey.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 10:51:21 AM »

This whole thread is rather shocking. One of the guys had a monkey in Vietnam that stayed at our base in DaNang. I absolutely hate monkeys. Dirty, they bite, they steal everything, and are just a giant filthy pain in the ass, literally. This monkey met his fate when it bit one of the team, who then pulled his .45 and started shooting at it. He shot at it until his clip emptied and missed every time. However, the monkey ran up a power pole and was electrocuted, fell off the pole, and then was grabbed by a dog who ran away with it. Goodbye monkey.

This place needs a like button... :-)

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 02:24:17 PM »

I am a HUGE animal lover and I enjoyed this video very much but there have been many documented incidences of monkeys attacking humans - even those that care for and feed them !!! I would NEVER own or give a home to a wild animal - I think it is just asking for trouble. Not to mention the spread of disease.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 02:24:17 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.