ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Bathtub GFCI Save  (Read 15267 times)

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
Re: Bathtub GFCI Save
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »

First thing that came to my mind was this. Poor Uncle Fester.

GIFSoup
This space for rent

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 07:45:36 PM »

In the UK, the only outlets (other than the lights) allowed in a bathroom are transformer isolated shaver sockets.  Do you have normal outlets in bathrooms?

Steve.
Yes the first time I saw your transformer isolated outlet was in the Hilton in Basingstoke.  After trying to drink warm beer they finally admitted they kept cold beer in the fridge for Americans.

Floating the mains in the bathroom was interesting and learned something new. 

The adventure was just starting though.  I am 6'4" and was about 280 back then.  The room was so small, especially between the counter and bathtub where the commode was located.  I finally walked in the room backwards and was able to take a seat. 

I am not sure if it was tank size or the sewer pipe diameter but the suction power was very limited.  This trend continued for the rest of my visit so I know it wasn't a hotel issue. 

Anyway the tissue paper was also very thin and difficult to work with.

While we are on the facilities the water pressure was low and the shower head of a design that was insufficient to fully rinse the shampoo let alone my copious crevices.

Anyway, for a first world nation I was surprised at the bathroom, but at least if I dropped the hair dryer in the sink I was covered.

BTW, every other part of that trip, and the subsequent trips were wonderful.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »

The room was so small, especially between the counter and bathtub where the commode was located.  I finally walked in the room backwards and was able to take a seat. 

I judge foreign countries more by their beer than size of the bathrooms and GB wins passing marks regarding their beer. Guest  rooms are kind of a you get what you pay for, and it is impractical to make hotel rooms too big. The smallest room I stayed in in a room by the train station in Frankfurt, no doubt intended for short stays and mine was less than a good nights sleep. I think the Japanese have carried the smaller is better overnight sleepers to the logical extreme with cubbyholes you climb up into.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 10:31:01 PM »

In the UK, the only outlets (other than the lights) allowed in a bathroom are transformer isolated shaver sockets.  Do you have normal outlets in bathrooms?

Steve.

When I first moved here, I must admit I thought it a little strange that there were regular outlets in bathrooms having grown up with none (other than the shaver outlets as you say). Ironically, all mine have something plugged into them - so I suppose they are pretty handy after all!!
(BTW- no intentions on boiling my husband - I'd have to look for a new bass-player !)
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 11:41:46 PM »

When I first moved here, I must admit I thought it a little strange that there were regular outlets in bathrooms having grown up with none (other than the shaver outlets as you say). Ironically, all mine have something plugged into them - so I suppose they are pretty handy after all!!
(BTW- no intentions on boiling my husband - I'd have to look for a new bass-player !)

I have overhead stereo waterproof speakers over tub and shower stall and an 8" sub in a PVC tube underneath the spa tub.  Next upgrade will be DMX RGB lighting controlled by home automation.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 03:12:13 AM »

but at least if I dropped the hair dryer in the sink

Basin.  You have sinks in kitchens and basins in bathrooms!

Steve.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 03:30:03 AM »

Basin.  You have sinks in kitchens and basins in bathrooms!

Steve.

That's right as in "I peed in the sink because I was too lazy to go upstairs"  vs "I washed my hands after in the basin after I used the commode"

I will let you decided which one is more spouse friendly.

Have a good weekend  ;D

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 06:10:05 AM »

That's right as in "I peed in the sink because I was too lazy to go upstairs"  vs "I washed my hands after in the basin after I used the commode"

I will let you decided which one is more spouse friendly.

Have a good weekend  ;D

That reminds me of a Jerry Jeff Walker song!

"The answers is..."

-Dennis

<edit/add>

Girl
Finds
Current
Insufficient
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:19:33 AM by Dennis Wiggins »

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 03:26:21 PM »

Yep.  All new construction has full 120 volt/15-20amp GFCI - still a lot of older stuff out there without.
frank

When my new house was being built four years ago, I asked the contractor why the light switch in the guest bathroom had to go to the left of the (left-hinged) door, by the sink, instead of to the right where people would normally expect it when walking in. He said that putting the switch to right of the door would put it within reach of someone in the shower, which would be a code violation.
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »

When my new house was being built four years ago, I asked the contractor why the light switch in the guest bathroom had to go to the left of the (left-hinged) door, by the sink, instead of to the right where people would normally expect it when walking in. He said that putting the switch to right of the door would put it within reach of someone in the shower, which would be a code violation.

A better option would have been to put the switch outside of the room. That would, of course, provide no end of entertainment for little brothers of big sisters.

Another option is a sonic+PIR occupancy sensor.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.