ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LS9 external HA control  (Read 6476 times)

Michael T Casey

LS9 external HA control
« on: December 04, 2014, 09:42:03 AM »

Any body know why I would have external HA control on the rack page for the slot, but not on the channel view. When moving the gain pot with an external channel selected I get the "no controllabe knob" message. Trying to use an SB168-ES box with LS9-32 I believe it's firmware 1.21. It's always worked in the past.  Already intialized the console and reseated the ehtersound card.

Michael T Casey

Re: LS9 external HA control
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 10:04:46 AM »

Update: I don't really have control of HA gain or phantom power on the ethersound box. It still passes audio both in and out. Just updated firmware to 1.35, no change.

Philipp Diesenreiter

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 10:23:20 AM »

Update: I don't really have control of HA gain or phantom power on the ethersound box. It still passes audio both in and out. Just updated firmware to 1.35, no change.
did you go throught that guide?
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=countrysite-master.prod.wsys.yamaha.com&asset_id=47381

maybe somehow the Jumper on the Card changed?

Mike Eiseman

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 12:05:09 PM »

Any body know why I would have external HA control on the rack page for the slot, but not on the channel view. When moving the gain pot with an external channel selected I get the "no controllabe knob" message. Trying to use an SB168-ES box with LS9-32 I believe it's firmware 1.21. It's always worked in the past.  Already intialized the console and reseated the ehtersound card.

Michael - is the EtherSound card installed in Slot 1?  This slot passes the HA control data.
   Slot 2 on a LS9-32 does not have this capability.

Mike Eiseman
YCAS, Inc.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: CL external HA control
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »

Michael - is the EtherSound card installed in Slot 1?  This slot passes the HA control data.
   Slot 2 on a LS9-32 does not have this capability.

Mike Eiseman
YCAS, Inc.

Mike,

Is this also true on a CL-5? In Sept I had a CL with 2 Dante cards to be able to get all 88ch into the console via Dante, I remember some weirdness with HA control of the Rio in the cards, but I don't remember the details.

Mac

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
Re: CL external HA control
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 03:15:01 PM »

Mike,

Is this also true on a CL-5? In Sept I had a CL with 2 Dante cards to be able to get all 88ch into the console via Dante, I remember some weirdness with HA control of the Rio in the cards, but I don't remember the details.

Mac
I'd hope the CL's would allow more flexibility.

The slot #1 constraint is true for 5D.  Also the MY-AUD card has different modes of headamp bridging that need to be set in Dante controller, including a disable mode for the cards in other slots. You would have needed mode 2 engaged on slot#1 to pass the control out to the network, and mode 4 (disengaged) on slot#2.

Here's the writeup for bridging headamp on the Dante card:
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=countrysite-master.prod.wsys.yamaha.com&asset_id=58150

Scott Helmke

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 03:42:08 PM »

We've done a couple shows recently with CL5's getting extra (beyond 64) inputs through Dante cards. The head amp control is definitely not as elegant, even with a Rio rack - you have to set the Rio to ADHR8 mode, use Dante Controller software to set the MY card mode, etc. No gain compensation.

Michael T Casey

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 09:11:56 PM »

The ES card is in slot 1.

The SB-168 was just for additional I/O in what was supposed to be a turn-key mix rack. Turns out the LS9 was swapped (unbeknownst to me) with another identical rack.  What was confusing was the perceived control of HA gain and phantom power via the rack page.  We reunited the console with the original stage box and everything is working.

Phillip, thanks for the link.  We'll run through that after the event just to rule out any fault with the stage box.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 09:11:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.