ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL max capacity  (Read 9151 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Yamaha CL max capacity
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 06:35:10 PM »

Hi Justice,
According to the CL Editor, the "Send Point for Input Channels" is PRE-EQ or PRE-Fader.  I don't have CL in front of me to try this.  I think this means there is no option to send post fader from any source (mix, LR, M or input).  Is the actual behavior on the CL5 different?

This makes using an input in the matrix less usable to me as I think I would generally want all inputs to the matrix (outputs from other sources) to be post fader.

There are 3 selections for where the audio pickoff is when sending to the matrixes, Pre eq, Pre fader, or post on which is also post fader. This is clearly shown in the block diagram at the back of the manual.

In "Mixer Setup" in the CL Editor there are 2 selections for sends to Matrix, "Pre Eq" and "Pre Fader", this is only setting the pre point, the pre/post switch next to the mix send control changes the send from whatever "Pre" you have specified and post on (post fader).

Mac
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:40:19 PM by Mac Kerr »

Daniel Wade

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 06:44:27 PM »

There are 3 selections for where the audio pickoff is when sending to the matrixes, Pre eq, Pre fader, or post on which is also post fader. This is clearly shown in the block diagram at the back of the manual.

In "Mixer Setup" in the CL Editor there are 2 selections for sends to Matrix, "Pre Eq" and "Pre Fader", this is only setting the pre point, the pre/post switch next to the mix send control changes the send from whatever "Pre" you have specified and post on (post fader).

Mac

The CL Editor, Reference Manual and YouTube Video all show only 2 options for Matrix.  The Mix bus has 3 options including post fader. I think the manual is incorrect unless the actual CL allows all 3 options for Matrix settings

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 07:09:12 PM »

The CL Editor, Reference Manual and YouTube Video all show only 2 options for Matrix.  The Mix bus has 3 options including post fader. I think the manual is incorrect unless the actual CL allows all 3 options for Matrix settings

I haven't watched the You Tube video, but the manual and CL Editor both have a post fader send from input channels to matrixes. Look at the block diagram at the end of the manual. In the input section look at send to matrix, and notice the switch with all 3 positions. Then go to the editor and look at the selected channel view. In the send to matrix area you will see a pre/post switch. It will switch between post fader and whichever prefader pickoff point you chose in mixer setup.

For what it's worth, I have done this on an actual show.

Here is a LINK to a thread about the show.

Mac
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:13:12 PM by Mac Kerr »

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 07:22:06 PM »

The editor is attempting to display a lot of functions on a small amount of screen.  Hold the control key ( on a Mac, whatever on Windows ) while clicking the pre/post switch in the selected channel window to see all of the routing options.  If you're really trying to evaluate where to spend $50K + you're gonna have to get out and put you're hands on a console as well as read the user docs and play with the editor.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »

Ok, I had to go upstairs and boot my CL5 and try this myself. And sure enough the input send to the matrices are switchable pre/post fader. And in the Bus Setup window, they have the same pick off point as the regular mix sends (pre EQ, pre fade), with the exception that they do not have the "fixed mix" option.

I seem to be wrong about things regarding my equipment alot lately.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 07:49:30 PM »

Ok, I had to go upstairs and boot my CL5 and try this myself. And sure enough the input send to the matrices are switchable pre/post fader. And in the Bus Setup window, they have the same pick off point as the regular mix sends (pre EQ, pre fade), with the exception that they do not have the "fixed mix" option.

Your doctor has pills for that...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Daniel Wade

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 11:59:40 PM »

This is what I saw earlier - I didn't look at the individual channel send only the Bus Setup window.

All this will make more sense when I start using the console in the next couple of weeks (I've only used the basics of the console a couple of times before). 

I really appreciate all of the fantastic input and discussion points.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 11:59:40 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.