ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: (8) SB18 or (4) SB 28?  (Read 24934 times)

Nate Howell

Re: (8) SB18 or (4) SB 28?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 09:32:22 AM »

Perhaps for my first purchase, I would be better off with 4-6 arcs wifo and a stack of subs?  This seems like it would work well for smaller gigs,  and would have enough coverage.    I cannot swing a 12 box Kara purchase,  plus subs and amps at the moment.

Jens Droessler

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2015, 01:39:04 AM »

If dB Technologies is in the race, I'd definitely take a look at RCF TTL33A. It's another league, a more pro product.

I didn't hear the dB Tech S30, but I know the S20 pretty well. If the S30 really is less tight than the S20, the S30 would have to be utter crap, because tight is no attribute I'd give the S20.

Perhaps for my first purchase, I would be better off with 4-6 arcs wifo and a stack of subs?  This seems like it would work well for smaller gigs,  and would have enough coverage.    I cannot swing a 12 box Kara purchase,  plus subs and amps at the moment.

Consider the usage of an Arcs system. How to stack, how to fly? Think about the height you need for the Arcs and think about how you get them up there.

Nate Howell

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 03:56:07 PM »

If dB Technologies is in the race, I'd definitely take a look at RCF TTL33A. It's another league, a more pro product.

I didn't hear the dB Tech S30, but I know the S20 pretty well. If the S30 really is less tight than the S20, the S30 would have to be utter crap, because tight is no attribute I'd give the S20.

Consider the usage of an Arcs system. How to stack, how to fly? Think about the height you need for the Arcs and think about how you get them up there.

RCF is a possibility, but I dont think db Tech is.
My top choices are L-Acoustics, d&b, Alcons, and Martin.

As for the Arcs Wifo, for smaller gigs in bars, etc, where the venue is long and skinny, I can stack 2 per side on top of subs, for 60 degree coverage each. Or pole mount horizontally for 90 deg.

Or get the subwoofer clamp /tilt mount that allows up to 4 per side to stack on top of subs.
For larger gigs, they can be flow.

Jens Droessler

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2015, 11:06:02 AM »

RCF is a possibility, but I dont think db Tech is.
My top choices are L-Acoustics, d&b, Alcons, and Martin.

As for the Arcs Wifo, for smaller gigs in bars, etc, where the venue is long and skinny, I can stack 2 per side on top of subs, for 60 degree coverage each. Or pole mount horizontally for 90 deg.

Or get the subwoofer clamp /tilt mount that allows up to 4 per side to stack on top of subs.
For larger gigs, they can be flow.
What I meant is that you need a lot pf subs to get the Arcs on top of them to a decent height. You might have to bring more subs just for that matter. I'd consider that an inconvenience...

Nate Howell

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 12:45:49 PM »

I pulled the trigger on 4 arcs wide, LA8, and 4 sb18. Cant wait for it to arrive!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 12:45:49 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.