ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Innovasion Eclipse GT Console  (Read 1689 times)

MIKE Lynn

• Lynn Sound Systems
Innovasion Eclipse GT Console
« on: November 21, 2014, 12:52:55 pm »

Any one know anyhting about these consoles ? I havent heard of them untill now.
http://www.innovason.com/home.html
Lynn Sound Systems INC.
Crown-I-tech , JBL-VRX/VTX , Soundcraft, Shure

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Innovasion Eclipse GT Console
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 01:00:14 pm »

We had an Innovason SY80 when I first took this job 6 years ago.

It's promptly died and was replaced by a PM5D.

I did not like the SY80. The workflow, user interface, console layout and pretty much everything about it was aggravating to work on at the time. Maybe they've improved since then, I dunno. For the same amount of money, there's better consoles out there.

ETA: Actually, I take that back. It wasn't an SY80, it was a Sensory Live SY48. But I think it had been upgraded to the SY80 software? I still have a couple of cards for it sitting around that say SY80.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:05:31 pm by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 01:44:20 pm »

Any one know anyhting about these consoles ? I havent heard of them untill now.
http://www.innovason.com/home.html
What do you want to know?  My experience is from ~2002 or so.  They were expensive, had a few reliability problems, but were fairly innovative.  I believe they were the first consoles to have "reverse sends on faders" where you select an input, and you can set the level on all the bus output faders simultaneously.  My experience was associated with a very difficult show, the result of which was partly related to the console, so I may have blocked out some details and/or misremember some things.

Sennheiser was the US distributor.  I'm not sure if they even have one now.  According to their website, they are related with/owned by LAWO.

MIKE Lynn

• Lynn Sound Systems
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 03:39:26 pm »

Just wanted to know a little more about it , usually if you you dont know about it or havent heard of it , Its either new and theres not much info out there about it yet, or its not verry popular and no one likes it for a reason. Would you say this company is kind of an "Off Brand" Company" Not realy known but trying to grab a share of the market  ?
Lynn Sound Systems INC.
Crown-I-tech , JBL-VRX/VTX , Soundcraft, Shure

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 03:44:56 pm »

They've been around for at least 15 years. Not sure why they aren't more popular. I wouldn't say they are an "off brand". But I know several people who have used their older consoles and don't like them, myself included.

Like I said earlier, for the same amount of money there are better console choices out there.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 04:04:26 pm »

Just wanted to know a little more about it , usually if you you dont know about it or havent heard of it , Its either new and theres not much info out there about it yet, or its not verry popular and no one likes it for a reason. Would you say this company is kind of an "Off Brand" Company" Not realy known but trying to grab a share of the market  ?
I could be wrong, but I'm not even sure if they are trying in the US market.  They are not a major player, and only list one current product on their website.  Unless you have a really, REALLY good reason to need that exact model, I would stay away.  They were also very expensive - like between PM5D and PM1D pricing.

Glenn Parke

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 05:06:52 pm »

Greetings,

Innovason was bought out by Lawo quite a few years ago and they were manufacturing, distributing and supporting the Eclipse GT. However, we heard from a former Innovason rep that they are no longer going to support the Eclipse in US, setting their focus on Europe. I'm not sure about sales to the US.
Lawo is still listing it on their website:

https://www.lawo.com/en/products/broadcast-live-consoles/innovason-eclipse.html

We use a SY80 at our theater, 10 years old with 400 shows a year and still going strong. But with the support ending, we just purchased a Studer Vista X, and it will be put into service next year.   :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 05:06:52 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.