ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back-line and Union Contact in Nashville  (Read 2411 times)

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
Back-line and Union Contact in Nashville
« on: November 20, 2014, 09:49:50 AM »

We are going to be doing our first Corporate show in Nashville early next year.  I need to find a good back-line company/contact and since we are running low on labor, I want to contact the Stage Hands Union to get 3 people for a 14 hour call.  I need to find out how much the hads will cost.  There will be a dinner break between 5:00 and 8:30.  I will be providing lunch and dinner.  Show time will be 9:00 - 10:30. 

Stage Hands will be used for loading/unloading the truck and stacking cabinets. One of them will be needed to run one of the two spots during the show.  Load-in will be 10:00 AM and show strike will be at 10:30 PM.  In addition to the speakers we will have a lighting front and back truss each 32 ft long that will be on stands or Genie lifts.  They will need to participate in setting up and tearing down the lighting as well as sound.

The system is small since the entire event will only have about 500 people attending.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Cailen Waddell

Re: Back-line and Union Contact in Nashville
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 11:02:50 AM »

I haven't played Nashville recently, but you may find that the BA requires you to departmentalize your hands.  An electrician may not help stack audio cabinets (or they might, depends on the local, and whether the audio department is considered part of electrics or not).  Get clear work rules from the BA and be clear about what you need, so you have no surprises.

Who provides the riggers?  Is it a union venue? That may change your work rules and what you are allowed to touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 12:00:01 PM »

...you may find that the BA requires you to departmentalize your hands.  ...get clear work rules from the BA and be clear about what you need, so you have no surprises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Cailen.  We will not be using riggers since we will be ground stacking.  All we need for this event is 4/4 KF850t/SB1000.  Very small show with 500 of our closest friends.  Electrical will be handled by the venue, per the clients contract with the venue.  The venue is the Sheraton downtown Nashville.  I am still looking for who to call about hands and back-line.

Thanks
William

schnakesound.com

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 12:06:40 PM »

Thanks Cailen.  We will not be using riggers since we will be ground stacking.  All we need for this event is 4/4 KF850t/SB1000.  Very small show with 500 of our closest friends.  Electrical will be handled by the venue, per the clients contract with the venue.  The venue is the Sheraton downtown Nashville.  I am still looking for who to call about hands and back-line.

Thanks
William

Hi William,

Backline:

Soundcheck Nashville
750 Cowan Ct, Nashville, TN 37207
(615) 726-1165
http://soundchecknashville.com/

SIR Nashville
1101 Cherry Ave, Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 255-4500
http://www.sir-usa.com/

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 12:29:07 PM »

Thanks
William

For hands, try:

Crew One
Nashville contact: Tripp Hunt
750 Cowan Street
Nashville, TN 37207
(615) 242-4433   
http://www.crew1.com

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 02:14:04 PM »

Thanks Jason and Brian.

William

schnakesound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 02:14:04 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.