ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft MADI / USB card  (Read 43510 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Soundcraft MADI / USB card
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2016, 11:35:59 AM »

The answer to your first question is yes, once properly assigned.

The answer to your second question is "that depends". Nothing to do with channel assignment or recording is cast in stone. Everything to do with channel assignment will depend on the capabilities of your DAW and the channel assignment combined. With Cubase I can pretty much do what I want with recording and playback functions. With other less powerful DAW it can become a lesson in hardship.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Branimir Bozak

• Stara metalika
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2016, 12:37:26 PM »

The answer to your second question is "that depends". Nothing to do with channel assignment or recording is cast in stone. Everything to do with channel assignment will depend on the capabilities of your DAW and the channel assignment combined. With Cubase I can pretty much do what I want with recording and playback functions. With other less powerful DAW it can become a lesson in hardship.
?

I think you missed the point.

My question was:

Is it possible to record matrixes via USB on the Si consoles (using usb madi card of course)?
If you scoop, it sounds like poop!

Mark Campbell

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »

Is it possible to record matrixes via USB on the Si consoles (using usb madi card of course)?
Yes.  Input setup for the Matrix. Indicate output patch to go to USB/Madi card channel.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2016, 06:04:47 PM »

?

I think you missed the point.

My question was:

I must have missed that.

"With the USB/Madi card installed, is it possible to use both the Cat5 stagebox for 32 inputs and also record those 32 inputs via USB?
I assume - without the stagebox, you can record on board channels via USB, right?"

Not how I read your question above, however, if you want to run back to the DAW using a matrix then Mark is correct. My thought was you might use individual channels for recording purposes, hence the reason I stated the DAW plays the major role in that event.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 06:07:39 PM by Bob Leonard »
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Billy Holt

Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2019, 11:07:50 PM »

Yep, anytime you change the in/out card you will need to reboot your board.  You may need to reset the I/O in the System menu also.  On my performer, If I run two cards, I can never predict which will show up where.

I am trying to use my Si Expression 1 to record. However, the Madi outputs are not showing up on direct outs. I had to change a dipswitch on the Madi usb card. do I need to do a patch/IO reset?

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2019, 11:07:50 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.