ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hi guys! im brand new!  (Read 2915 times)

Michael Oliver

hi guys! im brand new!
« on: November 07, 2014, 03:38:45 PM »

brand new o the forums, and looking for help with designs for some subwoofer cabinets. i have built dozens of if not into the hundreds of car audio subwoofer systems over the years but i have some questions about a completely different application. i am quoting on a sound system for a church renovation and they are interested in putting the subwoofers under the stage. they only gave me 14" inches of height and 20" inches of width....but no depth issues. i was looking at the eminance 12" drivers , and designing something that will slide under the stage. i was thinking four of them running off of 1000 watt qsc amplifier. Has anyone ever done this? and what do i need to be aware of...this isnt the trunk of a car.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: hi guys! im brand new!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »

brand new o the forums, and looking for help with designs for some subwoofer cabinets. i have built dozens of if not into the hundreds of car audio subwoofer systems over the years but i have some questions about a completely different application. i am quoting on a sound system for a church renovation and they are interested in putting the subwoofers under the stage. they only gave me 14" inches of height and 20" inches of width....but no depth issues. i was looking at the eminance 12" drivers , and designing something that will slide under the stage. i was thinking four of them running off of 1000 watt qsc amplifier. Has anyone ever done this? and what do i need to be aware of...this isnt the trunk of a car.
What are the needs in terms of output SPL and freq response?

You HAVE to have a design goal in mind before starting any design.

Since you already know most of your physical limitations and available power that is a good start.

However you said a "1000watt QSC amp".  What exactly does that mean?

Do you have a model number?  Is that a single channel or total of 2 channels?  At what impedance does it deliver 1000 watts?

This helps in determining how many drivers you can run and the power capacity of the drivers.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Richard Turner

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 06:17:44 PM »

http://yorkville.com/downloads/specsheet/ss_psa1s.pdf?v=1

14" that would fit under there....
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »

http://yorkville.com/downloads/specsheet/ss_psa1s.pdf?v=1

14" that would fit under there....

Pretty sure the 22.75" depth of that is less bigger than the 20" Michael said was available, even if it were put in sideways.....

Edit: correction as per Ivan....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 02:23:46 PM by David Morison »

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »

Pretty sure the 22.75" depth of that is less than the 20" Michael said was available, even if it were put in sideways.....
Don't you mean GREATER than the 20"?
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 02:22:36 PM »

Don't you mean GREATER than the 20"?

Ha! Good catch, I should at least double check before correcting someone else.
Thanks,
David.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 03:30:45 PM »

Ha! Good catch, I should at least double check before correcting someone else.
Thanks,
David.
It happens to me all the time :(    :(

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 03:30:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.