ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 in 4 out mic switch, off the shelf or DIY?  (Read 5552 times)

Vladimir Angelovski

Re: 1 in 4 out mic switch, off the shelf or DIY?
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 07:21:49 PM »

I have a new years gig that has an MC/Director that needs to talk to several groups of people.  His signal is a shure UHF-R.  I need a foot switch with indicators that allows him to select various outputs (FOH, BS announce, Audience, Monitor world.)  Rental, purchase, build are all fair game at this point. 

One thought was to have several active cough-drops driven by a press mult or passive split.  Not sure if they would interfere with each other or not.

I could build something with passive components and PSU to drive some LEDs.  I could see this causing clicks or level changes as outputs are added or taken away.

I could build a totally active unit using some IC line receiver and driver chips as buffers. TI has a few available as well as others.  A basic transistor setup is also acceptable.

The metal work for the housing is no problem for me.  Circuit building and design are also no problem.  I am more curious of something exists off the shelf or how far do I have to go with buffering.

Dave Rat has something on his website, maybe you can build something similar if you have experience.

http://daverat.blogspot.com/2012/08/dave-rat-blog-new-toys.html

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: 1 in 4 out mic switch, off the shelf or DIY?
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 07:21:49 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.