ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Waves Multirack Native Latency Testing video  (Read 14977 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Waves Multirack Native Latency Testing video
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »

Currently we have 3 X32's. Two with USB XUF cards, and one with Dante card.
I'll do some testing and see what kind of real world delay difference I am getting between the two different setups.

We also have a CL5, with an Dante-MY16 loaded into one of the slots (Which are patchable in the inserts points)
And, like you said, should be fine for time based effects. And, I Don't really feel like spending the extra dollars to get the WSG-Y16 card.

I am just starting to experiment with multi-rack to see if it will help me with consistency in the long run.

What consoles and console cards you have is pretty much irrelevant, the latency on the hardware end is relatively short. What matters is what you intend to do on the DVS end, it's the software latency that is the problem. Reverbs should be fine, I expect not much else to be fine.

Mac

Jeremy Stark

• Bergsten Music
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 07:19:21 PM »

What consoles and console cards you have is pretty much irrelevant, the latency on the hardware end is relatively short. What matters is what you intend to do on the DVS end, it's the software latency that is the problem. Reverbs should be fine, I expect not much else to be fine.

Mac

Thanks Mac,

Will do some tests and get back to you all to see how much latency will actually be added. I suspect channel inserts to be a no go as well.
1, 2, 3.... Lift... I mean Coffee.

Michael {Bink} Knowles

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »

Nice work, Mark. I watched two videos all the way through and I liked how clearly you express yourself. Good stuff!

-Bink

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.