ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comparing two boards...  (Read 5115 times)

Tesfa Dennis

Comparing two boards...
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:39:12 PM »

Hi my name is Tesfa and I need some advice, well more like pros and cons on two specific boards
Sound craft VI 3000 and the iLive T-122. I need comparisons between the two and which one it makes sense to go with short and long term. (price is not a factor in this decision, I know one cost more than the other). I have been hearing good reviews for one and bad for the other, but i feel the need to be more inform before I make a final decision on which direction to go in. I know what I want but there are other people pushing for the other board but i digress, sigh. Please help, yours truly an engineer in need!!! Thanks

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 11:42:56 PM »

Hi my name is Tesfa and I need some advice,

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Comparing two boards...
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:41:16 AM »

Before you listen to subjective opinions begin by listing the features of each then compare those features to your expected needs. If both are adequate then look into very specific subjective objections.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Tesfa Dennis

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 01:26:36 AM »

Before you listen to subjective opinions begin by listing the features of each then compare those features to your expected needs. If both are adequate then look into very specific subjective objections.

JR
I honestly feel as thought the Vi 3000 will more than enough meet the needs and also last longer than the t-112 from A&H, but I have others push for what I think is the lesser in quality of the two boards. I have been hearing more and more bad reviews about the t-112. I want to hear from people that actually use either of these mixers. I have read all the specs for them both and I think the quality in the VI 3000 is better. So I need feedback from actual sound guys that use of either or both of these mixers

Alex Donkle

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »

I haven't mixed on the Vi3000 so I can't offer a good comparison, however it's worth mentioning that the iLive series is most likely EOL and there's a strong change A+H will release a new line to replace it within the next year or two. That's speculation on my part just based on the age of the console, and that there haven't been many updates for it recently like they've been pushing for GLD.
Consultant

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 03:30:22 PM »

I haven't mixed on the Vi3000 so I can't offer a good comparison, however it's worth mentioning that the iLive series is most likely EOL and there's a strong change A+H will release a new line to replace it within the next year or two. That's speculation on my part just based on the age of the console, and that there haven't been many updates for it recently like they've been pushing for GLD.

I believe this comes under the heading of "idle speculation" and as such is pretty much wasted space.  If you have actual, verifiable info on a product let's hear it.  But you can skip the guessing.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 04:00:54 PM »

The TT112 has been out for several years and the user base is much larger than the Vi3000, which is relatively new.  I'm not surprised that you've found more negative reviews of the TT112 for this reason alone.

I won't speculate as to the EOL status of the 112, but I will say that it was the first major digital project from Allen-Heath and that their new products show a maturation of understanding regarding the wants and needs of end users.  If you're looking at A-H, I suggest more recent products may have features and workflow that may be more in keeping with the needs at hand.

Harman/Soundcraft is working very hard to get more Vi3000 out into the wild - they made us a very nice offer to add a Vi3k to our order for 50+ ITech 12000HD, but we're not looking at mixers right now...

Since we don't know the intended end use of the mixer it's hard to justify our choice of either one.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tesfa Dennis

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »

The TT112 has been out for several years and the user base is much larger than the Vi3000, which is relatively new.  I'm not surprised that you've found more negative reviews of the TT112 for this reason alone.

I won't speculate as to the EOL status of the 112, but I will say that it was the first major digital project from Allen-Heath and that their new products show a maturation of understanding regarding the wants and needs of end users.  If you're looking at A-H, I suggest more recent products may have features and workflow that may be more in keeping with the needs at hand.

Harman/Soundcraft is working very hard to get more Vi3000 out into the wild - they made us a very nice offer to add a Vi3k to our order for 50+ ITech 12000HD, but we're not looking at mixers right now...

Since we don't know the intended end use of the mixer it's hard to justify our choice of either one.

Okay so the intended  use is for a church looking to do a upgrade concerning their sound equipment, starting with the board. They are looking for a large format board. The board will be an install package of course, should come with 64 ch, and 24 aux, about 16 matrices , able to do multi-track recording, great preamps, able to replace majority of the out board gear. The board should be able to handle skits, dramas, preachings, and concerts environment. The board basically needs to be a work horse that can take a lot of hours per week, about 8-10hrs/week throughout the year. Hopefully this can you see what it is they are trying to do concerning their upgrade.

Tesfa Dennis

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 12:13:37 PM »

and when you say EOL are your referring to "End of Line" or if not then what does EOL stand for?

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 05:52:38 PM »

and when you say EOL are your referring to "End of Line" or if not then what does EOL stand for?
EOL = End Of Life.

This means that the product is discontinued and not supported for anylonger.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 05:52:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.