ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Arena Sound system  (Read 4503 times)

Clayton Walker

Arena Sound system
« on: November 07, 2014, 02:16:41 PM »

I am the Facilities Coordinator for a high school and we are looking to update our sound system in the gymnasium.  The system itself is good but we want a better way to control it.  We want to be able to click and a clip of a song come up and play for things such as a timeout or goal, etc.  I tried out sound director and I really liked the interface but was wondering if anyone knew a program that was similar but had the hit songs with the license.  Thanks!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Arena Sound system
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 02:50:12 PM »

I am the Facilities Coordinator for a high school and we are looking to update our sound system in the gymnasium.  The system itself is good but we want a better way to control it.  We want to be able to click and a clip of a song come up and play for things such as a timeout or goal, etc.  I tried out sound director and I really liked the interface but was wondering if anyone knew a program that was similar but had the hit songs with the license.  Thanks!

Sports Sounds Pro.  The software is about $150US.  You have to provide your own sound clips.

Compulsory licenses available from BMI and ASCAP.  Your school district may already have licensing in place to cover non-classroom use of copyright materials, like band/choir concerts, pep band in the stadium or gym, etc.  The same license that covers live use of music also covers playback that is not part of a play, video, movie or streaming off-site.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Palmer Johnston

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »

I'm not aware of anything that comes with music or licenses to play it, but these are the programs I've used in the past that work very well:

http://www.sportssoundspro.com/  For Windows

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/soundboard-mac/  For Mac

Look at ASCAP and BMI for licensing, I don't know how much it would be but I do know that it wasn't bad when I had to get one for a nightclub I was PM for - around $600/year if I recall from 10 years ago

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »

Also try click effects....but it's not cheap
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 04:18:57 PM »

Soundboard for th iPad is a great app. It lets you set volumes for each track individually.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Alex Donkle

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 04:56:39 PM »

Also try click effects....but it's not cheap

Yeah, I believe that's the standard for most NBA and Division 1 college arenas.
Consultant

Alex Donkle

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »

Duplicate post
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:55:17 PM by Alex Donkle »
Consultant

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 05:22:47 PM »

Yeah, I believe that's the standard for most NBA and Division 1 college arenas.

Game Ops Commander has been the standard for NBA games; Sports Sounds Pro is based on the functionality of GOC and includes soft edit functions (heads/tails trim, volume, fades) stored on a per-clip basis.

If the NBA has stopped subsidizing Game Ops, individual teams may have moved on to other platforms.  What was amusing to me was "rolling their own" had to have been as much money as outfitting each team with an Instant Replay or DigiCart (that's how far back it goes).

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 08:00:26 PM »

The last NBA facility I did a system for (a month ago) was primarily on dual 360s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »

If you're running a Mac, Figure 53 QCart is a pretty powerful playback interface, and support is exceptional.

http://figure53.com/qcart/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.