ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Architect 1.50  (Read 2870 times)

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Audio Architect 1.50
« on: November 03, 2014, 11:17:37 AM »

Anybody install the update yet?
Any known issues?
Workarounds?

I have 144 JBL VT4889A DPDA and 42 VT4887A DPDA plus 24 DCiN and 4 BLU-800 all being controlled on a network
I currently have some issues with certain types of preset recalls that this firmware update should address but I don't want to update until I hear some feedback from other users.
The devil you know and all that...  ;)

Thanks,
Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Audio Architect 1.50
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 12:58:04 PM »

Anybody install the update yet?
Any known issues?
Workarounds?

I have 144 JBL VT4889A DPDA and 42 VT4887A DPDA plus 24 DCiN and 4 BLU-800 all being controlled on a network
I currently have some issues with certain types of preset recalls that this firmware update should address but I don't want to update until I hear some feedback from other users.
The devil you know and all that...  ;)

Thanks,
Lee

I have upgraded on my local machine, but nothing to an install yet.  This is the version that should have been 1.0
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »

I have upgraded on my local machine, but nothing to an install yet.  This is the version that should have been 1.0

I too have upgraded locally and tested but wanted a bit of feedback before jumping straight into updating this clients machines and BLU's and moving forward.  I really don't want a first test to be for an NFL game.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »

I too have upgraded locally and tested but wanted a bit of feedback before jumping straight into updating this clients machines and BLU's and moving forward.  I really don't want a first test to be for an NFL game.

Lee

Then do the upgrade well before the game and be sure to test and monitor everything thoroughly.

You can roll it back to the current version if everything goes pear-shaped, right? I mean, I would think that would be no problem.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 12:20:25 PM »

Then do the upgrade well before the game and be sure to test and monitor everything thoroughly.

You can roll it back to the current version if everything goes pear-shaped, right? I mean, I would think that would be no problem.

Understood and certainly an option which we will undertake but having some input from others who have already updated would also be nice just in case there are any gotcha's. 
Preliminary designs before this project was installed had a version change stop all audio going through a matrix mixer after a version update.  I had to remove it and add it back to the program to get audio going again. 
Since this is the largest VerTec DPDA install in the world and we have discovered a number of anomalies through the process so far I am just being extra cautious.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 11:50:21 PM »

Understood and certainly an option which we will undertake but having some input from others who have already updated would also be nice just in case there are any gotcha's. 
Preliminary designs before this project was installed had a version change stop all audio going through a matrix mixer after a version update.  I had to remove it and add it back to the program to get audio going again. 
Since this is the largest VerTec DPDA install in the world and we have discovered a number of anomalies through the process so far I am just being extra cautious.

Lee

Considering the nature of the installation, I'd think this sufficient to get someone from Utah and Van Nuys to your office door... or at least some serious phone time.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 12:39:18 AM »

Considering the nature of the installation, I'd think this sufficient to get someone from Utah and Van Nuys to your office door... or at least some serious phone time.

Utah folks have been here onsite for preliminary confirmation that all was ready for tuning week and then we have had many back and forth phone and email discussions.  People from both JBL and BSS have been working closely on this to be sure that both companies are aware of any either bugs or needs for integration of DPDA into installs in a similar manner to the DCiN amps.  A number of updates in 1.50 are a direct result of our findings (one problem could initially not be recreated on their simulator, we did a lot of network troubleshooting, then they found the problem in programming).  This system (well, a virtual copy of it) will be one of the systems used in development and revision of future Audio Architect changes. 
Harman is staying on top of this but it seems there is only so much testing that is effective on simulators. 
I will be installing the new firmware updates soon and testing all of our known previous issues.  Just curious if anyone who has installed it into BLU units has discovered any new hiccups.

Thanks,
Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 12:39:18 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.