ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need suggestions for powered stage monitors  (Read 19868 times)

Dave Scarlett

Re: Need suggestions for powered stage monitors
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2016, 07:16:18 AM »

I have to believe Mike has listened to more speakers than I have considering he's a dealer. If there's a down side to the iq10's it's they weigh a little more, 38 as compared to 32 lbs. Now owned by the Music Group, one would have to believe they would have certainly tried to build a better K10. I think they did as the processing is very useful and has shortened set up times for me. The QSC's have been a "go to" speaker for years now, I'd say the iq10's are an improvement although I've never compared them side by side.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2016, 08:46:29 AM »

Just a note to those following and not posting:

The Altos are concentric, the k10 and iq10 are not.  There is a big difference in effectiveness of patterns, placement options and footprint.

Plus the alternatives cost twice as much as the Altos.

What's best for you is up to you...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2016, 04:33:33 PM »

Mike Pyle suggested the Turbos when I was looking for a Yamaha 10 to put on my DXS12 for a drum monitor set up.  How would you compare them to QSC K10s?

Just to clarify, I haven't listened to the iq10s. The speakers I suggested that you consider were the M10s, which to me sound "okay", but that several clients of mine swear by for stage monitor and light PA use (both the M10 and M12 models).
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »

Ah, that makes sense as the M10 is a closer comparison to the DBR10 I was looking for (which I found a used one of).

I loved the K10s when I bought them (some 5-7 years ago from Mike BTW) but lately I've become disenfranchised with them in comparison to DXR10s friends have and the DSR112s I bought from him.  I'm the last person to "need" the latest thing.  But the QSC's are seeming expensive for what they do.

Along with the Alto's I could use something a bit stronger for some situations.  I have the two K10s and logic would say to get a couple more, keep things the same.  But things like the iq10 are much more cost effective on a per box basis.

Right now I have the Altos across the front for vocals, the QSCs as sidefills or where instruments come out, and the DBR/DXS stack back at the drums.  I don't want to make more of a hodge podge to have one or two more full range monitors (although the Altos are popular on-line for guitar modelers I don't consider them full range even compared to a good 10" 2 way, more for vocals or horns).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.