ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Need suggestions for powered stage monitors  (Read 19770 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: Need suggestions for powered stage monitors
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 11:08:47 AM »

Duane - have been very happy with my QSC HPR122i's as monitors or mains; you could probably pick several up used for ~$500 each. The KW122's could also be worth looking at, but have more electronics - the HPR's are simple and work.

Did you say he's got two 725's as monitors? Either a DJ or a drummer...

On siamese cables, I wish that Proco and others would get wise to the fact that the audio cable on the mixer end needs to be usually 3-5' longer than the power cable - I have 3' XLRs attached to mine for this - but seems like it would be a no brainer to have that extra length there  to keep audio up by the mixer and power down by the power... but that's me.

George Dougherty

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 12:41:15 PM »

I have a client who wants replace some Yamaha passive wedges with powered monitors. Only used for vocals, no drums, bass, etc. House gig, no rider issues. I don't have access to a variety of products to compare, so I welcome any real-world suggestions.

If you can get them closer to dealer cost, I've been very happy with my db Tech Flexsys FM12's. Only thing on the wish list they don't have for me is Powercon in and out. They're not a super screaming loud box, but should be more than plenty for vocal only. I'd definitely recommend coaxials for feedback stability.

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 01:30:30 PM »

Has anyone heard these as general purpose floor monitors (rather than modeling guitar amp)?  Lots of fans in the guitar world.

http://www.atomicamps.com/products.htm

500W powered 12" coax wedge for $999 factory direct.  They have a 33lbs neo driver version for $400 more, but the premium wouldn't make sense for a permanent install.

Cheers,
JR
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »

Has anyone heard these as general purpose floor monitors (rather than modeling guitar amp)?  Lots of fans in the guitar world.

http://www.atomicamps.com/products.htm

500W powered 12" coax wedge for $999 factory direct.  They have a 33lbs neo driver version for $400 more, but the premium wouldn't make sense for a permanent install.

Cheers,
JR

Interesting box. Looking at different Youtube videos I do like the switch on the back that lets a person decide what goes out the "line out" jack. Nice way to get multi use out of the box. Wish the site had a little more info.

Douglas R. Allen

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2014, 09:01:50 PM »

If your in the market for coaxial monitors (un-powered) I can recommend the Community MX10 I install them in churches a lot haven't heard one complaint on them yet.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »

If your in the market for coaxial monitors (un-powered) I can recommend the Community MX10 I install them in churches a lot haven't heard one complaint on them yet.

OP asks for powered. 
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

duane massey

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 12:27:44 AM »

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll give the client a list of his options and see if he is actually serious about moving in this direction.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2014, 02:58:42 PM »

happy thanksgiving!

Quick question - for those that have used the Alto SXM112A, the EV ELX112p, and the QSC HPR122i, how do they compare? Both the Alto and EV are priced right to add some powered monitors; I like the small footprint of the Altos. My reference point would be the QSC HPR122i or the original Mackie SRM450. Thanks!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »

happy thanksgiving!

Quick question - for those that have used the Alto SXM112A, the EV ELX112p, and the QSC HPR122i, how do they compare? Both the Alto and EV are priced right to add some powered monitors; I like the small footprint of the Altos. My reference point would be the QSC HPR122i or the original Mackie SRM450. Thanks!

Ned...

I have the Alto's for their small size.  They'll work for your mid-volume needs, but not for the "TURN IT UP!!!" requirements of mindlessly loud, ear-bleeding rock.  I'd say vocals only for rockish usage but for my acoustic/electric encounters you can add in guitar and keys and such.  Not a drum wedge by any means.

They are very tightly focused and often require an "aiming device" like a chunk of 2x4 to vary the tilt.  I worked out a base-line PEQ/GEQ template for them and can try to send it to you if you'd like.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Timothy J. Trace

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »

Earlier this year, I picked up a pair of RCF NX-12SMAs from Mike Pyle. I couldn't be happier with them. Clean, coherent, stable and really loud.

http://www.rcf.it/products/pro-speaker-systems/nx-series/nx-12-sma
-----------
Post count...whaaaaa? I ain't no newb. Search for my name in the LAB Archives.  :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.