ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cerwin Vega P1800sx question(s)  (Read 11610 times)

walter potter

Re: Cerwin Vega P1800sx question(s)
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 09:20:59 PM »

Oh I hear that.. the LS801 was suggested just because it's a Yorkville and is well known to be capable of very high output levels so you could explore the full output potential of the speakers you have already purchased. But that's not the only solution out there, the QSC KW181 and JBL PRX718XLF are also very reliable, good sounding powered subs that are significantly smaller and lighter than the LS801.
I am now considering going all JBL PRX.  Tops either 712 or 715.  This would mean I would sell the Yorkville U15P pair.  There are quite a few nice PRX rigs on CL around the country, and I've inquired about a few of them.  I'm thinking maybe the 90+ pound Yorkvilles might be a little much in the weight department, and thinking I can get what we need out of a PRX matched system.

walter potter

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 05:15:53 PM »

I am now considering going all JBL PRX.  Tops either 712 or 715.  This would mean I would sell the Yorkville U15P pair.  There are quite a few nice PRX rigs on CL around the country, and I've inquired about a few of them.  I'm thinking maybe the 90+ pound Yorkvilles might be a little much in the weight department, and thinking I can get what we need out of a PRX matched system.

Today here locally a pair of like new PRX 715 xlf subs popped up on CL.  After the exchange of $1,100, I am going to be the proud owner of them tomorrow morning.  I'm thinking they aren't enough for the U15P's, but I sure have read some good stuff about them.  May sell either if the price is right.

walter potter

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 07:12:22 AM »

Today here locally a pair of like new PRX 715 xlf subs popped up on CL.  After the exchange of $1,100, I am going to be the proud owner of them tomorrow morning.  I'm thinking they aren't enough for the U15P's, but I sure have read some good stuff about them.  May sell either if the price is right.

I've decided to let the U15p pair go for $1700.....basically a 2 for 1 price.  Let me know if you are interested.

chuck clark

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 01:05:43 AM »

personally I have seen very few CV speakers that didn't fail sooner or later, that should tell you something.

uhh,...what?  I know a guy who has been beating the crap out of 16 Cerwin-Vega T-36 earthquakes for about 18 yrs. now. He finally had a failure last week when a new tech took all the compressors off the mix.  oops! 
     In MY experience you start having reliability issues when there are chinese parts involved.
Chuck 

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 09:59:20 PM »

uhh,...what?  I know a guy who has been beating the crap out of 16 Cerwin-Vega T-36 earthquakes for about 18 yrs. now.
Congrats to that guy but statistically those results are irrelevent. Go look for used CV subs online and invariably most you find will have blown or non original drivers. These things should not be that fragile but they are marketed to DJs who as a customer segment are well known for abusing equipment, but CV has to take some blame for advertising them as a 30hz box which is a full 20hz below tuning.
In MY experience you start having reliability issues when there are chinese parts involved.
My experience with CV extends back over 30yrs when chinese components weren't a factor and even then you would be hard pressed to find a CV fullrange cab with intact high frequency drivers.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 09:59:20 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.