ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do we need this?  (Read 26959 times)

Fernando Reyna

Re: Why do we need this?
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »

I am a mobile DJ, and I was on the old forum for years.
Took some heat initially, but didn't let it get to me.
I loved all the info and soaked up as much I could.
I come "hear", because of the knowledge and expertise on sound reinforcement.
Look forward to more great tips/tricks.
Thanks guys!
The sustain, listen to it.
> I don't hear anything.
          Well you would though, if it were playing.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 11:33:53 AM »

It's a great addition to the forums.
Most SR guys bitch about the lighting guy, yet we have a place for them to chat.

Seth Albaum

• upsidemedia
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 09:57:41 AM »

I'm a DJ who also does live sound, used to do sound for live/live-to-tape television, and my day job is teaching video production. Chances are if there's a forum on here, I can relate to it in some way. I haven't done large gigs or any studio work, though.

I've also seen plenty of thick-headed DJ's who ride their levels in the red, run their wireless mics hot etc etc.. I've actually used digital room correction at some DJ gigs. :)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 11:54:26 AM »

I'm a DJ who also does live sound, used to do sound for live/live-to-tape television, and my day job is teaching video production. Chances are if there's a forum on here, I can relate to it in some way. I haven't done large gigs or any studio work, though.

I've also seen plenty of thick-headed DJ's who ride their levels in the red, run their wireless mics hot etc etc.. I've actually used digital room correction at some DJ gigs. :)

Please go to your profile and put your full name in the "Name" field.

Thanks.

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 06:35:43 AM »

Well then most of the band have their own gear so why dont we make a guitar forum, drummer forum and so on.... because they are giutar players (or any other instrument) but also do sound?
I even know a guy that own a grocery shop bu talso do a sound systems. Let as make a grocery shop forum too.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 08:42:05 AM »

I've actually used digital room correction at some DJ gigs. :)
Perhaps this is an example of where this forum can help as it has often been discussed in the LAB and LAB Lounge that you can adjust a system to account for some aspects of the environment but you can't actually adjust or change the environment via a system processor.

Nolan Walker

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 07:51:15 PM »

I think that the DJ section is a good idea, as many mobile DJs have a great need for this type of info, but many of the DJ-specific forums focus on the playback device/software/current music/etc., with very little information available for those who are interested in the SR side of the equation.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 11:32:14 AM »

Chill.  It's not like athe DJ is the anti-Christ.  Give them a home.
I've always been very happy to tell folks where to go.

Pascal.Pincosy

• SR Forums
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 04:46:52 PM »

I think that the DJ section is a good idea, as many mobile DJs have a great need for this type of info, but many of the DJ-specific forums focus on the playback device/software/current music/etc., with very little information available for those who are interested in the SR side of the equation.
Honestly there are plenty of places where someone can go to learn how to use a turntable, but if nothing else this forum will give the DJ who's not an expert in sound reinforcement a place to go where they can ask silly questions about how to use their psychoacoustic processor to ruin a perfectly good sound system. Surely someone will be helpful and point them in the right direction and we won't later be tortured when our cousin gets married and we have to hang out around their sound system all night of the wedding.

Plus those of us that want to discuss how to deal with DJ/EDM artists in a large-scale professional setting get a place to talk shop besides the Basement...

Jonathan Novick

• Alteros, Inc.
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 09:49:58 AM »

I moderate the largest and most active gear boards for DJs (DJChat.com). There are about a dozen or so members (out of ~70K) that really know their audio stuff and could make useful contributions to the LAB or Lounge. There are many more that have grown well beyond the regular DJ rig and should be coming here for advice.

I like the distinction that some have made about keeping this forum to just the PA side of DJing. The world doesn't need another forum to discuss Abelton, Serato, VDJ, MegaSeg, Traktor, Torq, etc.

When man makes something idiot proof, nature invents a better idiot.
-------------------------------------------------------
Alteros, Inc. - www.alteros.tech

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 09:49:58 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.