ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do we need this?  (Read 26946 times)

Felix Werner

Re: Why do we need this?
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2012, 01:20:25 AM »

These forums should be for sound men only. We need noone here that know about guitars, basses, drums, keyboards or anything musical. The sound man's job is to make it louder. We do not need to know why these "musicians" like certain tones on their instruments. Their tone is completely up to us. We will cut frequencies whenever we want.  We certainly know more than any musician. After all, our craft could be learned in minutes, even up to weeks, and they seem to take forever to learn their crafts. Musicians are slow learners.

Steve (Stevie Ray) Kalbach

• Steve Kalbach
    • Stevie Ray Entertainment
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »

I moderate the largest and most active gear boards for DJs (DJChat.com). There are about a dozen or so members (out of ~70K) that really know their audio stuff and could make useful contributions to the LAB or Lounge. There are many more that have grown well beyond the regular DJ rig and should be coming here for advice.

That would be me.  Actually as a 20 year DJ, both Mobile/Club.  I found this forum, not because of the DJ section.  I actually came across it due to the lighting section.  I am expanding beyond DJing, and starting to dip my toes into production lighting.  I have also "worked" for a large lighting manufacturer for about a decade, and I am moving on to help a newer smaller lighting company grow.

To the OP, and all those crying about the DJ section, I agree if you don't want to read the posts, then don't read them.  It's pretty simple, eh?  But there are a few DJ's that could actually be useful here on PSW, and there are many more who could really use the knowledge and experience of the experts that are here.

I for one love to grow and learn.  What are you afraid of?  Not all DJ's are cheesy guys running Behringer speakers off of a laptop.  Some people actually have a passion for quality, and here they can learn and grow, as I have been.  Soaking in the knowledge from the information that can be found here.
Stephen (Stevie Ray) Kalbach
Owner Stevie Ray Entertainment
http://www.stevierayentertainment.com

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2012, 10:00:05 AM »

These forums should be for sound men only. We need noone here that know about guitars, basses, drums, keyboards or anything musical. The sound man's job is to make it louder. We do not need to know why these "musicians" like certain tones on their instruments. Their tone is completely up to us. We will cut frequencies whenever we want.  We certainly know more than any musician. After all, our craft could be learned in minutes, even up to weeks, and they seem to take forever to learn their crafts. Musicians are slow learners.
WOW.  Nice customer service and understanding of what the role of the sound person is.

Please post your location and company name so I can tell all my friends to not use your services.

Steve (Stevie Ray) Kalbach

• Steve Kalbach
    • Stevie Ray Entertainment
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 11:03:38 AM »

WOW.  Nice customer service and understanding of what the role of the sound person is.

Please post your location and company name so I can tell all my friends to not use your services.

I think he forgot the <sarcasm> tags.
Stephen (Stevie Ray) Kalbach
Owner Stevie Ray Entertainment
http://www.stevierayentertainment.com

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »

I think he forgot the <sarcasm> tags.
I hope so.  I've met a few folks in my travels who do have that attitude.  Those aren't fun days.

Felix Werner

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2012, 01:02:29 AM »

Of course it was meant to be sarcastic. But, I've read that attitude here too many times. You know who you are.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2012, 01:02:29 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.