ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: "moving bass air"  (Read 22626 times)

Bill Hornibrook

Re: "moving bass air"
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2015, 01:37:35 AM »

Does anyone have experience with the Mackie SR1530z powered speakers.
They are the mains to a house system in a club that I'm in a lot. In spite of their impressive size and heft they really aren't that loud. They are not a good choice for rock bands or DJs, but for your outfit they should work better.

They have that artificial Mackie "sizzle" (a bump in the 6-8k region) that gets on my nerves unless I remove it.

When they go into limit, they take a brute force approach and reduce levels by at least half across the board. What's actually going into limit is almost always the amp to the 15" driver, but all three amps (lows, mids, and highs) go down in unison. A lot.

With EQ they have a rather delicate feathery sound that flatters quieter female singers and acoustic guitars. But they are a real pain to move around. And you'll never get them high enough by just setting them on the ground. That stage is probably 1 1/2' high and I've got them on risers of about the same height, but the top horns are still not above heads on the dance floor.

Unless I get lazy I bring my SRX-715s so I don't have to deal with those Mackies. The resulting sound is much better with the JBLs. But I confess that I get lazy sometimes and just roll with them.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: "moving bass air"
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2015, 01:37:35 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.