ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting up wireless microphones  (Read 2358 times)

Armando Ramos

Setting up wireless microphones
« on: October 14, 2014, 01:05:19 PM »

Hi guys,

My church bought 6 Sennheiser XSW 35 Vocal Set - B Range wireless microphones. I'm new to running sound and I did as much research as possible to learn how to setup these microphones. However, I want to make sure I set everything up correctly.

This is how I have it currently setup:

Receivers
I have all the receivers plugged into the mixer with XLR cables, have the "line/mic" switch set to "line" (sound is muffled when set to "mic"), and the volume set to the 1 o'clock position.

Microphones
I have the gain switch on all the microphones set to -30db because they seem to run hot and peak if set to anything above -30db.

Is there a better way to setup these mics?

Thanks in advance!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Setting up wireless microphones
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:22:27 PM »

My church bought 6 Sennheiser XSW 35 Vocal Set - B Range wireless microphones. I'm new to running sound and I did as much research as possible to learn how to setup these microphones. However, I want to make sure I set everything up correctly.

You have the audio basics covered, but the most important part of setting up RF microphones is the RF part. You need to make sure that you choose frequencies that do not interfere with each other, and that they will interfere with or be interfered with by any other equipment or broadcast signals in your space.

The most common form of interference is digital TV. You need to avoid and bands that have DTV stations broadcasting in your area. Sennheiser offers free software for setting up the RF side of your microphones.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Setting up wireless microphones
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:22:27 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.