ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub Recomendation  (Read 6712 times)

Tamar Ghobria

Sub Recomendation
« on: October 13, 2014, 06:26:28 PM »

Just bought four RCF HDL 20s that I will be using on poles two per side....We do weddings, corporate events, Mobile DJ work, etc.....Looking for 4 subs that will match up well to it....We have looked at the Yorkville ls 808, ev etx 18, and considered some of he rcf hdl and tt subs but they are very pricey....I am looking for something that has a pole mount and powercon in and out....I just sold a jbl vrx rig so the jbl vrx 918p are not an option....I would like to stay around the $1000-$1500 range per sub...

Val Boodram

Re: Sub Recomendation
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 10:39:51 PM »

Just bought four RCF HDL 20s that I will be using on poles two per side....We do weddings, corporate events, Mobile DJ work, etc.....Looking for 4 subs that will match up well to it....We have looked at the Yorkville ls 808, ev etx 18, and considered some of he rcf hdl and tt subs but they are very pricey....I am looking for something that has a pole mount and powercon in and out....I just sold a jbl vrx rig so the jbl vrx 918p are not an option....I would like to stay around the $1000-$1500 range per sub...
[/quote

Save up. Get 2 Danley th-118’s and cluster them in the middle of your tops. You'll never look back.]

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 12:47:05 AM »

Save up. Get 2 Danley th-118’s and cluster them in the middle of your tops. You'll never look back.]

+1.   One TH118 is going to cost you more than $1500 per sub, but you will make that back in no time.
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 08:12:38 AM »

Or a single DBH-218.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Richard Turner

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 10:30:55 PM »

8004AS if you want to keep all the same badges on the gear

would cross the ls808 off the list but if yorkville is an option look int the PAS2s

you budget is too small for what you are looking to acheive and likely would need 2 more hdl20 for coverage before needing 4 subs in the same class of gear to out run them.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »

Looking for 4 subs that will match up well to it....

These are in the same league as the TH-118 in terms of output, but significantly cheaper.
http://jtrspeakers.com/portable/orbit-shifter/

I have both, and it's a toss.  The TH-118 is a smaller cabinet and a tad more musical/refined sounding.  The Orbit Shifter is ergonomically better and seems punchier, and I prefer it for EDM and dance music.  They are both insanely loud and very low distortion.

-JR

royaljenner

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 08:04:24 AM »

These are in the same league as the TH-118 in terms of output, but significantly cheaper.
http://jtrspeakers.com/portable/orbit-shifter/

I have both, and it's a toss.  The TH-118 is a smaller cabinet and a tad more musical/refined sounding.  The Orbit Shifter is ergonomically better and seems punchier, and I prefer it for EDM and dance music.  They are both insanely loud and very low distortion.

-JR

+1
I own two JTR orbit shifters as well.  I use them for playback of pop, dance, EDM etc. they're excellent.  Very easy to move by one person, even loading in and out of a van because you don't lift them, you tip that on their back and just slide them in.  I move two single handed all the time.

I've heard the Danley (^Johns to be exact) and I cannot tell a difference, but I haven't a/b tested them.  It's always been one pair or the other. 

For a frame of reference that all can probably relate to:  just before purchasing my Orbit Shifters I was at the Indy Speaker Shootout.  The final listening test came down to JTR Noesis/Orbit Shifter vs. JBL 722/728
Amplification was identical Crown Itechs on both (same model and output).  processing was flat except for the x-over point was to be set appropriately.  Both systems sounded great, until they were pushed: the JTR outshines the JBL stack.  The orbit shifter utterly destroyed the 728 in output.  It wasn't even close.

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 02:45:09 AM »

For a frame of reference that all can probably relate to:  just before purchasing my Orbit Shifters I was at the Indy Speaker Shootout.  The final listening test came down to JTR Noesis/Orbit Shifter vs. JBL 722/728
Amplification was identical Crown Itechs on both (same model and output).  processing was flat except for the x-over point was to be set appropriately.  Both systems sounded great, until they were pushed: the JTR outshines the JBL stack.  The orbit shifter utterly destroyed the 728 in output.  It wasn't even close.

As a former owner of SRX728S, I can attest to what Royal said...the JTR OS completely annihilates the SRX728S, while managing to sound much more musical. 

Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, I don't think there is a better value out portable sub out there.

JR

Joshua thibeault

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »

Or a single DBH-218.
            I have a question about subs and I'm new to this forum.hhow would I post a question?

John L Nobile

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 10:53:45 PM »

Or a single DBH-218.

+1 on that but they're not easy to transport. Worth it but not easy.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 10:53:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.