ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: yamaha CL5 routing question dante network  (Read 4890 times)

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
yamaha CL5 routing question dante network
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »

i know this answer is in the op manual .... somewhere but anyhew,
 I started mixing on a cl5 foh  this weekend and need to know how to route mic inputs directly to another mixer  so the mute groups do not effect the other mixer thats used for internet audio.
 thanks for your support.
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: yamaha CL5 routing question dante network
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 04:46:54 PM »

i know this answer is in the op manual .... somewhere but anyhew,
 I started mixing on a cl5 foh  this weekend and need to know how to route mic inputs directly to another mixer  so the mute groups do not effect the other mixer thats used for internet audio.
 thanks for your support.

You need to describe your set up more fully to get a definitive answer, but if you mean inputs from a Rio on the network going to 2 consoles you just patch them directly.

Mac

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »

You need to describe your set up more fully to get a definitive answer, but if you mean inputs from a Rio on the network going to 2 consoles you just patch them directly.

Mac

because the cl5 mute groups mute all signals to the int console  do i need to patch from the cl5 or the other console
sorry ive lived my life analog to this point
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 05:13:48 PM »

because the cl5 mute groups mute all signals to the int console  do i need to patch from the cl5 or the other console
sorry ive lived my life analog to this point

What you need to do is fully describe your set up and what you are trying to accomplish. Without further info my previous post stands.

Mac

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 05:15:57 PM »

Think of Dante as a snake with infinite splits possible.  Each channel on each console has to choose what snake channel to listen to.  If Dante 1 is patched to console 1, channel 1, and console 2 channel 1 is also patched to Dante 1, the mute groups shouldn't interfere.  If console 1, main L is patched to Dante 73, and console 2, channel 1 is patched to Dante 73. And you mute console 1, channel 1, the console 2 will stop getting channel 1 from console 1. 

I hope this helps.... Typing in the middle of a show...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »

Think of Dante as a snake with infinite splits possible.  Each channel on each console has to choose what snake channel to listen to.  If Dante 1 is patched to console 1, channel 1, and console 2 channel 1 is also patched to Dante 1, the mute groups shouldn't interfere.  If console 1, main L is patched to Dante 73, and console 2, channel 1 is patched to Dante 73. And you mute console 1, channel 1, the console 2 will stop getting channel 1 from console 1. 

Your explanation seems to imply that there is such a thing as "Dante channels". There is not. There are Dante ports, and connections between those ports. Dante port 27 on one device has no relationship to Dante port 27 on any other device. Those connections depend on the system configuration, and the intended result.

Mac

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »

Your explanation seems to imply that there is such a thing as "Dante channels". There is not. There are Dante ports, and connections between those ports. Dante port 27 on one device has no relationship to Dante port 27 on any other device. Those connections depend on the system configuration, and the intended result.

Mac

Good point Mac. I wasn't clear.

What I probably should of said is the Dante tool from audinate, was helpful for me to visualize how signal flows.  If you have a laptop on the Dante network, i reccomend looking at how signals are routed. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.