ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: 16 channels for drums?  (Read 37193 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: 16 channels for drums?
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2017, 02:50:08 AM »

As has been stated, the turnover time between bands at most festivals is short (15-20 minutes). Can you setup your kit in half of that time (remember the previous drummer has to strike theirs as well)?

I work on one of the smaller stages at The Isle of Wight Festival.  We supply backline and the drum kit and everyone uses that kit with their own snare and breakables if they wish.

We get through about 48 acts over four days with about 16 per day on the last two days.  With fifteen minute changeovers, it works very well.

Steve.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2017, 08:13:31 PM »

Glad I resurrected this thread and thanks to all for the advice. Now convinced the best thing to do for me is to sell my never used 2x D4's and 3x D2's and keep it simple for gigs we're providing the PA, and put that money into gear I'll use far more often (Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre for home studio).

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »

I work on one of the smaller stages at The Isle of Wight Festival.  We supply backline and the drum kit and everyone uses that kit with their own snare and breakables if they wish.

We get through about 48 acts over four days with about 16 per day on the last two days.  With fifteen minute changeovers, it works very well.

Steve.
Yep, drummer brings their own snare and kick pedal.  Maybe some cymbals like a preferred ride.  Pneumatic adjustable throne and a sturdy easily adjustable snare stand (I love my DW9000 for this, one lever and you can twist the snare smoothly any way you want).  Mics stay on toms, kick and OH.  Factor in a set of tom top heads for whoever supplied the kit.  Some festivals I've played they put new ones on at the beginning and maybe a fresh set for the Saturday headliner.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.