ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Review of the Carvin Concert Series C1648P – 16 Channel/4 Amp/Powered Mixer  (Read 13010 times)

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
Re: Review of the Carvin Concert Series C1648P – 16 Channel/4 Amp/Powered Mixer
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 07:11:46 PM »

Nobody is trying to attack or offend you.

Exactly. I've owned the Carvin powered mixers and several other pieces. It is what it is. I would not try to put a full band on any powered mixer. Not enough headroom

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 12:29:43 PM »

The elitism of this board and its members is a bit over bearing at times... .people have to start somewhere, but according to most of what I read on this board... we should just not try... I mean ... we're gunna suck... cause we're not pro's like the rest of you... rather than encouraging and helpful... replys on here tend to attack the poster and tell them what wrong with their approach, and that is usually couched in terms of "if you can't spend the money on the high end hardware, you should just stay home"...

Y'all dress me down for my decision making... well screw all of you... you are not in my shoes... and I defy anyone of you to list a package of equipment that will give me the feature set I have at anywhere near the price... digital gear is not cheap....  if you wanna bitch go right ahead, but back it up with real world examples of how I could spend the same money on better gear.... damn you guys are just full of yourselves...

Jason -

Your assessment is pretty much spot on. 

Rather than understand and accept a review in the vein for which it applies, many on this board would rather "spew" than simply make the decision to NOT POST.  I fully understand the value of your review, there are tons of novices for whom this mixer is a viable solution, for solid reasons.  Most of the replies to your review are from users with more sophisticated needs; I suspect they are outnumbered in the audio field by an order of magnitude by unsophisticated users for whom the Carvin is a good piece of gear.

I think you can hold your own here, don't get overly offended.  I'm a part time sound "hobbyist" who has spent over $50k on digital mixers over the last 8 years and still have a use for my 8 channel, battery powered/wall-wart Peavey mixer. 

Cheers,

-Tim T

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 02:44:35 AM »

Jason -

Your assessment is pretty much spot on. 

Rather than understand and accept a review in the vein for which it applies, many on this board would rather "spew" than simply make the decision to NOT POST.  I fully understand the value of your review, there are tons of novices for whom this mixer is a viable solution, for solid reasons.  Most of the replies to your review are from users with more sophisticated needs; I suspect they are outnumbered in the audio field by an order of magnitude by unsophisticated users for whom the Carvin is a good piece of gear.

I think you can hold your own here, don't get overly offended.  I'm a part time sound "hobbyist" who has spent over $50k on digital mixers over the last 8 years and still have a use for my 8 channel, battery powered/wall-wart Peavey mixer. 

Cheers,

-Tim T

We all have use for small gear.  It's part of a package.  However for the use that was described in the post it is not appropriate.  Maybe for the PA at a Kiwana's hall but this is a pro sound forum.  The venues that use these are use to marginal sound. 

I can tell you that when I was just doing bar gigs I had microphones that cost more than this mixer.   You certainly can't make a living with it, I can't imagine you could get hired with a rig like that so just who does the review benefit? 

The worst part is the band is getting the worst side because only the first 20 feet is getting a tolerable at best show.

Elitist would be snubbing you, we are simply pointing out that low end vendors are can't defy the laws of physics (except Seismic Audio) no matter how much the person wants to believe that gear will do what is being described it will not without significantly altering the original signal.

Not rebutting the review would be a disservice to all that read the review and say, wow this is just what I need.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »

This was a review of the Carvin Concert Series C1648P

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/C1648P

..but it was obviously a mistake posting it here... so I deleted it as to not to continue to offend the sensibilities of you elite folk.. I'll just take my useless toys and not bother you folk again...

It's too bad you've decided not to stick with it and try to understand any constructive criticism.  I'm sorry I didn't quote your entire OP for the benefit of others in your situation who could learn from your honest mistakes.

You haven't yet replied to any requests for further information.  I'm sure we'd all like to help further your understanding of how to get the most for your money and how to avoid certain less than workable situations inherent in using powered mixers. 

It would seem you're more interested in posting an opinion and justifying the use of less than optimal gear than actually learning something from the collective knowledge available from the
forum members.

Too bad.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

ยซ Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 11:53:16 AM ยป

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 25 queries.