ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you want in a genny?  (Read 13105 times)

jasonfinnigan

Re: What do you want in a genny?
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »

They can also be modified to run off a 14 gallon fuel caddy so that they run 20 hours without refueling.

Guy Holt, Gaffer
ScreenLignt & Grip
www.screenlightandgrip.com

Modified AKA liability. I believe there is a whole thread about that here before. 

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,150364.0.html

Guy Holt

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 06:41:54 PM »

Modified AKA liability. I believe there is a whole thread about that here before. 

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,150364.0.html

No more liability than an MQ Whisperwatt that has been plumbed to draw fuel from an external fuel tank built into the  trailer it is mounted on (the internal tanks are quite small.)

Guy Holt, Gaffer
ScreenLight & Grip

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 08:18:40 PM »

No more liability than an MQ Whisperwatt that has been plumbed to draw fuel from an external fuel tank built into the  trailer it is mounted on (the internal tanks are quite small.)

Guy Holt, Gaffer
ScreenLight & Grip

That's a trailer that is designed and sold by MQ to do exactly that. Is the 14ga modification that you cite something that Honda designed and sells, or is it a proprietary custom thing? I think purpose designed and built by the manufacturer is a different ballpark then a custom build thing. One would give you the protection of MQ/Honda in case of a failure, the other... wouldn't...

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Guy Holt

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 08:59:39 PM »

That's a trailer that is designed and sold by MQ to do exactly that. Is the 14ga modification that you cite something that Honda designed and sells, or is it a proprietary custom thing? I think purpose designed and built by the manufacturer is a different ballpark then a custom build thing. One would give you the protection of MQ/Honda in case of a failure, the other... wouldn't...

My MQ Ultra Silent 60 generator came mounted on a trailer built by Mighty Mover - it was not designed and built by the manufacturer.  The fuel pump modification we do uses Honda original parts in a Honda designed fuel system. It gives you just as much protection as a MQ plumbed to a third party trailer.

Guy Holt, Gaffer
ScreenLight & Grip

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 09:38:14 PM »

From my IA Grounding/Bonding Workshop:

Guy Holt, Gaffer
ScreenLight & Grip

It should go without saying, but if the structures have any kind of metallic path between them (snakes, etc) the bonding really ought to be their as well.
Steve Swaffer

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »

It should go without saying, but if the structures have any kind of metallic path between them (snakes, etc) the bonding really ought to be their as well.

NEC requires multiple services in the same building to be bonded grounds

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2014, 09:43:31 PM »

-Ray

exactly

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 10:01:52 PM »

My MQ Ultra Silent 60 generator came mounted on a trailer built by Mighty Mover - it was not designed and built by the manufacturer.  The fuel pump modification we do uses Honda original parts in a Honda designed fuel system. It gives you just as much protection as a MQ plumbed to a third party trailer.

Guy Holt, Gaffer
ScreenLight & Grip
And that is not what I am talking about... I am referring to the trailers that are actually built by their respective manufacturers. It's cool that you bought your gennie from someone who installed it onto their own trailer, but I submit that you would have the same liability concerns as your custom built Honda fuel cell setup, as opposed to something that Honda designs and certifies as being safe.

Lots of people fly line arrays from forks and such- and they always do that at their own risk, except for one company I know, who had JBL inspect their suspension-from-forks-of-a-grade.all setup -- from what I was told, it's the only setup of that nature that JBL actually came, inspected, and said "yes, this is safe."

edit cos i fubar'd up the url
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:07:20 PM by Ray Aberle »
Kelcema Audio

Guy Holt

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 10:35:21 PM »

It's cool that you bought your gennie from someone who installed it onto their own trailer, but I submit that you would have the same liability concerns as your custom built Honda fuel cell setup, as opposed to something that Honda designs and certifies as being safe.

I'll say it again, the fuel pump modification we do uses Honda original parts in a Honda designed fuel system that Honda certifies to be safe. And, my MQ Ultra Silent 60 generator came direct from MQ mounted on a trailer built by Mighty Mover. 

Guy Holt, Gaffer
ScreenLight & Grip

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 10:54:11 PM »

I'll say it again, the fuel pump modification we do uses Honda original parts in a Honda designed fuel system that Honda certifies to be safe. And, my MQ Ultra Silent 60 generator came direct from MQ mounted on a trailer built by Mighty Mover. 

Guy Holt, Gaffer
ScreenLight & Grip
Ah ok, well that's different then. You said before that it wasn't something done by MQ, and now it is- sorry to try and call you out, but I was going with what you said, and I guess that wasn't what you really meant. :) Like the Honda thing-- how you phrased it, "the modification WE do" would make someone think that it's NOT something done by Honda. I don't want to be an ass, but details matter my friend. Going back through the whole thread, (which I do, just to make sure I am not missing something) -- everything from when you first mentioned the fuel caddy for a Honda made it sound like an unauthorized modification that your company decided to make, which is why you were questioned about potential liability, and implying that the MQ trailers were also an unauthorized modification of the same inclination.

Again, sorry to try and call you out on anything, but I was going by what was being said at the time, and it is now apparent that I did not have a full grasp as to what you were trying to say.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 10:54:11 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.