ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha 02Rv2 Routing Question  (Read 4087 times)

Alex Parker

Yamaha 02Rv2 Routing Question
« on: October 01, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »

Hello,

I have the opportunity to acquire the original 02rV2 for pretty cheap. I have one question about the routing though. Would I be able to route ADAT "tape return" inputs to the stereo bus? I was thinking of buying a two of the ADAT input cards and a couple ADA8000's to get the full 40 channels advertised. I can't find any reference to routing capabilities like this in the manual.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
Re: Yamaha 02Rv2 Routing Question
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 09:29:30 PM »

Hello,

I have the opportunity to acquire the original 02rV2 for pretty cheap. I have one question about the routing though. Would I be able to route ADAT "tape return" inputs to the stereo bus? I was thinking of buying a two of the ADAT input cards and a couple ADA8000's to get the full 40 channels advertised. I can't find any reference to routing capabilities like this in the manual.

Thanks

I have the 01v96i's so not much help but before I purchased my consoles I downloaded the free Studio Manager software and the editor for my console. Was able to try everything and play without having the console present.

I have to be honest though, I am not even sure that console is manageable vis Studio Manager.

EDIT: Looks like it is, try this link http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/downloads/firmware_software/02r96v2/

Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »

If it's the 02R and not the 02R96 it uses full-size YDGAI cards, which you might be able to find used, but you can't buy new.
You can certainly use any input cards you put into the console as additional inputs.

This topic was discussed previously on this forum here.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Doug.Jane

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 10:48:38 PM »

You can buy cards which are different from the later Yamaha cards, and they come in various flavors including analog, ADAT, Tascam, AES. With these you can route from any input to all the tracks and the stereo bus, and the 8 auxes. 32 inputs via the card slots to everything, 8 inputs in the stereo pairs, and 4 inputs from the internal effects. You can also route stuff back out to the card slots from the auxes or the stereo bus, as well as the groups. Also you can send directs from the mike input layer so you can do 16 output recordings.

Don Davis

• So Cal
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 03:27:58 PM »

I have the 01v96i's so not much help but before I purchased my consoles I downloaded the free Studio Manager software and the editor for my console. Was able to try everything and play without having the console present.

I have to be honest though, I am not even sure that console is manageable vis Studio Manager.

EDIT: Looks like it is, try this link http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/downloads/firmware_software/02r96v2/

If its the original 02R it will not work with Studio Manager software.

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »

If its the original 02R it will not work with Studio Manager software.
His opening post said "original 02rV2" so I am guessing it is the V2 right??
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Doug.Jane

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 03:44:31 PM »

There was an early version of Studio Manager for the Mac that worked with the 02R, it was crap.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 08:16:44 PM »

His opening post said "original 02rV2" so I am guessing it is the V2 right??
Makes no difference.

That early version of Mac-Only 02R software was "V/Desk" by JLCooper. No sign of it seems to exist on the 'net anymore except some user manuals. Someone thought Yamaha bought it and turned it into SM, but I doubt it. It was more for automation and cues.
Also, I believe SM was not available until the DM2000. The PM1D, which came a year earlier, had it's own dedicated PC software which never became part of SM.
There was also a company called C-MEXX which made a product called the 02R "Virtualizer" which also has disappeared from the 'net.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 12:53:17 PM »

Hello,

Thanks

Yes.  I did this all the time.

The cards, as was already noted, are NOT the MY series cards that yamaha uses now but YGDAI cards which are readily available on eBay.

These boards have gotten VERY cheap and are still usable in a lot of applications.  They are, however, getting long in the tooth.  I have had to do repairs and cannablization on a few to keep them running.

Good luck!
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 12:53:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.