ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: New Behringer series of digital mixers.  (Read 53861 times)

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
Re: New Behringer series of digital mixers.
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »

I'd love to see a simple controller (maybe the BCF thing will do?) that can be placed securely away from spilled beverages, that can be programmed for the basic tasks a super-noob could handle.
The originally posted video does talk about using the BCF controller to provide faders via MIDI control.  And, presumably, the X-Touch range of controllers should also work.  Of course this, like the other solutions mentioned, costs - eating into the appeal of the initial low price.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2014, 01:26:35 PM »

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

jeff.yarsa

« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »

Can you get to all the FX functions on the Android app? The one time I used it I could not tap delay times which made it a deal breaker for me.

Yes either through the fx rack directly or if you have a user assignable button for the tap

Gordon Waugh

« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2014, 11:37:18 PM »

Pre- order on the racks but the X18 is in stock...

I have the x air demo app on my ipad. It looks like a work in progress. How can they be shipping now? No RTA, no saving of settings, limited efects. And the dynamics have very limited controls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gordon Waugh

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2014, 12:03:50 AM »

Hopefully for me, this means deals on the last gen Mackies as people sell those to snap up these (bye bye snake). I'm happy to buy depreciated audio gear, considering my current mixer was introduced 16 years ago... but tired of lugging the damn thing around.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2014, 02:06:23 AM »

Our1608 has been solid as a rock.  Oddly I never worry about 1608 the Behringer I don't have enough history yet though it has never been an issue.

I hope you are a good sniper on eBay. I am watching the Mackie DL market.  There are several undervalued assets in the maker right now.   
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:09:25 AM by Scott Holtzman »
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2014, 06:21:34 AM »

I have the x air demo app on my ipad. It looks like a work in progress. How can they be shipping now? No RTA, no saving of settings, limited efects. And the dynamics have very limited controls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I downloaded it last night. Only has option for the X18 for now and on my iPad running 8.0.2 it just acts crazy. Nonstop signals peaking on random channels, channel 6 and 14 are linked with no apparent way to unlink them.  Channel 1 is now between 12 and 15. I think I moved it playing around but can not find a way to move it back.Seems like there are  menu options missing.  Once I choose the only mixer option it gave me there is no way to gte back to the home screen again. The HPF doesn't indicate what frequency you're actually cutting at. The compressor has no make up gain.

There is no way I'd be ordering the X18 with the app functioning like this. Perhpas it's the new iOS or maybe it's funky because there's no actual mixer connected to it, but I have every app for every mixer discussed on here and none of them act funny with no mixer connected.  IMHO this app is non-functioning.  I was looking at the XR18 as a poosible rack mounted option to increase the channel count for my 1608 (sub mix some stuff out when I needed a few extra channels, different app would make it easy to know which mixer you were looking at) but that's off the table for now.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2014, 11:02:10 AM »

Nonstop signals peaking on random channels, channel 6 and 14 are linked with no apparent way to unlink them.  Channel 1 is now between 12 and 15. I think I moved it playing around but can not find a way to move it back.

From what I could gather, the demo mode makes the meters jump around just so that you can see them working.
I was able to link and unlink channels and re-arrange them without issue.  I don't have the iPad in front of me to describe how though.

I'm not saying it's a polished app at all, I'm just saying that those two things are by design for demo purposes. 

I like the channel linking/grouping method.  It really takes advantage of screen space.

john lutz

« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »

From what I could gather, the demo mode makes the meters jump around just so that you can see them working.
I was able to link and unlink channels and re-arrange them without issue.  I don't have the iPad in front of me to describe how though.

I'm not saying it's a polished app at all, I'm just saying that those two things are by design for demo purposes. 

I like the channel linking/grouping method.  It really takes advantage of screen space.

Is it possible to tell if channel strip dynamics/eq are pre/post aux assignable?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.