ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: New Behringer series of digital mixers.  (Read 45190 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: New Behringer series of digital mixers.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2014, 01:45:20 pm »

I had one of the XR18s in my hands yesterday when the MG sales mgr visited. I expect these will roll out pretty soon.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, Whirlwind, On-Stage, more...

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 02:21:03 pm »

I had one of the XR18s in my hands yesterday when the MG sales mgr visited. I expect these will roll out pretty soon.
That's an interesting choice of model name.. Peavey probably still makes their "XR" series of powered mixers.

JR
When in doubt do what's right.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 02:26:23 pm »

That's an interesting choice of model name.. Peavey probably still makes their "XR" series of powered mixers.

JR

http://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/series/701/XR%C2%AE%20Series
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2014, 04:38:14 pm »

Looks like a very cool product!  I may get one just to have in the practice room.

I see it can be rack mounted... I wonder if it can face either direction?  I much prefer to have my rack mounted items to have controls in the front and connection interface items in the back.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2014, 04:58:22 pm »

Looks like a very cool product!  I may get one just to have in the practice room.

I see it can be rack mounted... I wonder if it can face either direction?  I much prefer to have my rack mounted items to have controls in the front and connection interface items in the back.

Yes, it can be mounted facing either direction.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, Whirlwind, On-Stage, more...

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2014, 05:57:24 pm »

Not bad prices I could see the XR Series being used in churches for small teen rooms or something.

But at the same time I don't get all the big deal. Everyone  (okay Just Behringer fan boys) want's to act like everything behringer makes it awesome and a game changer - It's not.

Don't get me wrong I like my Behringer X32 but, I don't think it's "The best out there"

While not a complete game changer, the product definitely hits many criteria that people have been looking for and hasn't been widely available from the major manufacturers yet. Moving digital mixing into the sub compact mixing is a wonderful thing to have available.  In the past, Behringer just copied what others had, but they have changed and are now innovating in this space and bringing the price of digital mixing to the masses.

What is amazing about this product is that you plug in power and its ready to go. Built in power supply with no wall wart, built in WIFI so no external router. Super compact that can lay on the ground with the power coming out the side, not the back, brilliant. Not having to make sure the mixer is in an accessible location will make stage setup easier and cleaner.

Sure, you need a tablet or a computer to control it, but since those devices are available everywhere at super low pricing, it's not much of an issue.  Even the smallest bands can now upgrade their analog gear and see great improvement in their sound control.

I'm excited to get these into my inventory.

I wonder if the X18 will ever come to market.  The only difference between the X18 and XR18 is the form factor, with a tray that an iPad can sit in.  Not really much advantage as now your cabling also has to come up to that location for connection.
Brian Jojade

dave briar

• Helena Montana
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2014, 06:16:21 pm »

--snip--
Sure, you need a tablet or a computer to control it, but since those devices are available everywhere at super low pricing, it's not much of an issue. 
Yup.  As one contributor on other forum noted "The interface (iPad etc.) is essentially ubiquitous anymore and therefore free to the manufacturer.  All that's needed is to develop the app".  Interesting times indeed.

..dave
..db

john lutz

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2014, 07:17:24 pm »

.................In the past, Behringer just copied what others had, but they have changed and are now innovating in this space and bringing the price of digital mixing to the masses..........

IDK, looks a lot like these.   http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php/en/products/digital-mixers/umix  (which also were announced quite a while back)  and, seems like we have been waiting for the Behringer answer to the DL1608 for years now??

John Chiara

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2014, 08:51:31 pm »

Then you got the wrong console/app combination, Johnny.  Sometimes a "real" physical desk is what you need, and with the way you mix - the bus configuration and real-time FX work you do - perhaps you just need to stay with a physical control surface until the manufacturers catch up with you.

The iPad app is fine for me, but one band I have set up uses Android tablets.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2014, 01:25:53 am »

Brian hit the nail on the head.  $300 for 12 inputs is a silly cheap.  Behringer doesn't even sell an A/D that cheap.  It's a disposable price point.  Isn't Behringr going to decimate their own low end analog market? 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2014, 01:25:53 am »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 23 queries.