ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Dedicated Amp for the D&B J-Sub?  (Read 23258 times)

James Richmor

Re: Dedicated Amp for the D&B J-Sub?
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »

I have no idea.

Getting power to the distro is pretty standard and common.

HOWEVER the DISTROBUTION side of it varies fro company to company-depending on how their racks are setup/wired-what amps are being used-at what voltage-with what connectors.

While there are some "common" ways-there are a good number of them and each distro is usually unique-unless you are just talking about regular edison plugs.  But you will need A LOT of them.

There is a reason it is called A SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is because it is designed to work TOGETHER.

Distro is a very common term-but I bet if you asked for a description of everybodys distro  here-it would be different.

Sure you need a transmission for your car-but exactly what engine do you have?  They don't all fit-but basically do the same thing.

I suppose i will worry about that later then

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »

(Snip)

There is no option to walk away.

If that is really the case, then it appears that you have a non-business reason for your plans. (Which could be entirely reasonable; you might have promised a loved one you will do this event. I make no value judgment.)  Best wishes on your endeavors.  Mark C.

p.s.  The particular model of distro you listed is designed to use with 19 pin socapex connectors. That's a common lighting connector, but not commonly used for audio gear. 
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

James Richmor

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2014, 12:29:01 PM »

If that is really the case, then it appears that you have a non-business reason for your plans. (Which could be entirely reasonable; you might have promised a loved one you will do this event. I make no value judgment.)  Best wishes on your endeavors.  Mark C.

p.s.  The particular model of distro you listed is designed to use with 19 pin socapex connectors. That's a common lighting connector, but not commonly used for audio gear.

I actually do have a business reason for doing this and i was thinking i could just use twist lock breakouts for the amps

Guy Graham

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2014, 01:05:15 PM »

Is this not a well executed, perfectly crafted and highly amusing practical joke being played out?

Either a strait jacket has come loose, or one of our peers is pissing their proverbial pants at the collective reaction to the ramblings of the invented idiot currently representing their surreal cause here.

I say well played that man (or woman) - you seem to have everyone fooled ... and successfully amused! Now time to own up...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2014, 01:09:52 PM »

Is this not a well executed, perfectly crafted and highly amusing practical joke being played out?

Either a strait jacket has come loose, or one of our peers is pissing their proverbial pants at the collective reaction to the ramblings of the invented idiot currently representing their surreal cause here.

I say well played that man (or woman) - you seem to have everyone fooled ... and successfully amused! Now time to own up...

I am uncertain as to which side to jump...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Thomas Le

« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2014, 01:13:46 PM »

I think so, since OP mentions he has no money...  We're all playing into his big fantasy.

I actually do not have money to pay for this event currently which is why i do not go to some one who actually knows what they are doing since i can only imagine they would want to be paid for they're help. As for you flying out i would love to have you out here I think it would be great for some one to have a front row seat and be able to report everything they see back to the forums. About me being qualified, i am not. the reason i am putting together a D&B system is because i can not go to an L-acoustics rental house and ask them to put together a quote for something where the venue is not confirmed and i have no money to pay them. With D&B i can ask for the rental price of each individual item and using that info i can just fill out the quantity's and do the math to figure out how much it will cost.

Guy Graham

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »

I am uncertain as to which side to jump...

Look before you leap ;)

James Richmor

« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »

Unbelievable.....Look there is no joke here i am very real. The concept to do this event is also very real, I am utterly dumbstruck as to how you guys refuse to believe that i actually want to put on an EDM show.

Definition of Fantasy "the faculty or activity of imagining things, especially things that are impossible or improbable."

Now I can imagine most of you guys have worked very large events and if you have then you will know nothing in this business is impossible its simply a matter of how much it will cost to do.

Michael Gazdziak

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2014, 08:16:29 PM »

Unbelievable.....Look there is no joke here i am very real. The concept to do this event is also very real, I am utterly dumbstruck as to how you guys refuse to believe that i actually want to put on an EDM show.

Definition of Fantasy "the faculty or activity of imagining things, especially things that are impossible or improbable."

Now I can imagine most of you guys have worked very large events and if you have then you will know nothing in this business is impossible its simply a matter of how much it will cost to do.

Nothing is impossible:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ruthblatt/2013/11/30/why-roadies-are-our-best-bet-for-typhoon-haiyan-relief-in-the-philippines/
“Mr. President,” said former roadie and production manager for The Police Charlie Hernandez in April 2011, taking a pen out of his pocket, “I can get this pen anywhere on Earth in 72 hours.”

But not impossible is not cheap. 

Doing shows is business and businesses need to make money to remain being businesses. 

How this usually works: A promoter (you're in SoCal, so Goldenvoice is a good example you might have heard of) makes an investment/takes a gamble, and books a show.  They buy a band, rent a venue, rent lights, sound, video, whatever other production is required, hire labor, catering, etc.  Then they advertise the show and hope that enough people buy tickets, beer, and merch so that the promoter can cover their expenses.  If the expenses aren't covered, then the promoter won't be a business too much longer, and hopefully everyone else got paid in advance. 

What you seem to be doing doesn't correspond with this business model.  You might get lucky and sell a bunch of tickets and break even or maybe make money.  But probably this is a money pit. 

Have fun!  Make sure you have enough money to pay all the vendors or they probably won't unload the trucks the morning of, and then you definitely won't have a show.  As Tim said, they won't mind telling you how much money that will be even if you don't have a date or venue yet. 

Which French brown box supplier are you talking to? Rat? US Audio?

James Richmor

« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2014, 08:38:25 PM »

Nothing is impossible:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ruthblatt/2013/11/30/why-roadies-are-our-best-bet-for-typhoon-haiyan-relief-in-the-philippines/
“Mr. President,” said former roadie and production manager for The Police Charlie Hernandez in April 2011, taking a pen out of his pocket, “I can get this pen anywhere on Earth in 72 hours.”

But not impossible is not cheap. 

Doing shows is business and businesses need to make money to remain being businesses. 

How this usually works: A promoter (you're in SoCal, so Goldenvoice is a good example you might have heard of) makes an investment/takes a gamble, and books a show.  They buy a band, rent a venue, rent lights, sound, video, whatever other production is required, hire labor, catering, etc.  Then they advertise the show and hope that enough people buy tickets, beer, and merch so that the promoter can cover their expenses.  If the expenses aren't covered, then the promoter won't be a business too much longer, and hopefully everyone else got paid in advance. 

What you seem to be doing doesn't correspond with this business model.  You might get lucky and sell a bunch of tickets and break even or maybe make money.  But probably this is a money pit. 

Have fun!  Make sure you have enough money to pay all the vendors or they probably won't unload the trucks the morning of, and then you definitely won't have a show.  As Tim said, they won't mind telling you how much money that will be even if you don't have a date or venue yet. 

Which French brown box supplier are you talking to? Rat? US Audio?

about the Business model you have put out i have the Lighting covered, there will be no video because i dont want the event to seem very American, i have the staging costs, the only production number i do not have is the PA Cost. Besides that i have most of the rest of the productions aspect covered.

The only thing i don't have is a venue, money or artists.

As for your last question who ever they are they seem to want to speak over the phone about this and im not interested in doing such a thing

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2014, 08:38:25 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.