ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Dedicated Amp for the D&B J-Sub?  (Read 23071 times)

James Richmor

Re: Dedicated Amp for the D&B J-Sub?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »

If your daddy or some other wealthy person that is vested enough in you to give you a quarter of a million bucks to simply go away and amuse yourself actually exists then I would fly out to the west coast just to watch the fiasco of someone who has never done this before implode.

What possibly chemical substances could cause you to be so deluded that you think you are qualified to execute on any facet of this production?

Participating in your fantasy is a bit of voyeuristic fun.

Sent from my To Be Filled By O.E.M. using Tapatalk

I actually do not have money to pay for this event currently which is why i do not go to some one who actually knows what they are doing since i can only imagine they would want to be paid for they're help. As for you flying out i would love to have you out here I think it would be great for some one to have a front row seat and be able to report everything they see back to the forums. About me being qualified, i am not. the reason i am putting together a D&B system is because i can not go to an L-acoustics rental house and ask them to put together a quote for something where the venue is not confirmed and i have no money to pay them. With D&B i can ask for the rental price of each individual item and using that info i can just fill out the quantity's and do the math to figure out how much it will cost.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 12:26:12 PM »

It just gets better and better.  Where is Alan Funt?

Popcorn and soft drinks are available in the lobby.... ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

James Richmor

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »

They're actually available stage right and left inside the hall

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 12:33:28 PM »

I actually do not have money to pay for this event currently which is why i do not go to some one who actually knows what they are doing since i can only imagine they would want to be paid for they're help. As for you flying out i would love to have you out here I think it would be great for some one to have a front row seat and be able to report everything they see back to the forums. About me being qualified, i am not. the reason i am putting together a D&B system is because i can not go to an L-acoustics rental house and ask them to put together a quote for something where the venue is not confirmed and i have no money to pay them. With D&B i can ask for the rental price of each individual item and using that info i can just fill out the quantity's and do the math to figure out how much it will cost.
Since you admit you don't know what you are doing-exactly what "MATH" are you going to use to figure out how one system compares to another?

How do you know what parts/models to use?

I a line array from brand A won't fit-then what makes you think a line array from brand B will fit?  I guess it is part of the "math"???????????????

BTW-Since money is an issue you are going about it TOTALLY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you rent a whole system from somebody who will come set it up-tune it-run it and tear it down, it will be WAAAAYYYYYY cheaper than renting individual pieces.  And if you rent it yourself-how do you know how to put it together-tune it etc?

There is generally no cost to go talk to a REAL sound company and at least get an idea of what it would cost for them to do the gig.

All it costs you is a little bit your time-which you seem to have plenty of by trying to come up with ideas that either won't work or don't make sense.

A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

James Richmor

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 12:40:59 PM »

Since you admit you don't know what you are doing-exactly what "MATH" are you going to use to figure out how one system compares to another?

How do you know what parts/models to use?

I a line array from brand A won't fit-then what makes you think a line array from brand B will fit?  I guess it is part of the "math"???????????????

BTW-Since money is an issue you are going about it TOTALLY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you rent a whole system from somebody who will come set it up-tune it-run it and tear it down, it will be WAAAAYYYYYY cheaper than renting individual pieces.  And if you rent it yourself-how do you know how to put it together-tune it etc?

There is generally no cost to go talk to a REAL sound company and at least get an idea of what it would cost for them to do the gig.

All it costs you is a little bit your time-which you seem to have plenty of by trying to come up with ideas that either won't work or don't make sense.

The Math i am doing is nothing more then finding out how much the PA will cost the numbers i am using are

x24 D&B Audiotechnik J-12 Element's         
x10 D&B Audiotechnik J-8 Front Fill's       
x24 D&B Audiotechnik J-Sub-woofers         
x4  D&B Audiotechnik M2 Monitor's           
x4  D&B Audiotechnik Amp Rack (Array only) 
x8  D&B Audiotechnik Amp Rack (Subs only)
x2  D&B Audiotechnik Amp Rack (Front Fill) 
x1  D&B Audiotechnik Amp Rack (Monitors)   

I would hire a sound engineer to tune the system. In the last thread pretty much everyone said it was going to cost at least 10k which is the number i am at right now without front fills and a mixer and an engineer, so more or less its the same cost and im not comparing the systems at all I am simply just filling out numbers of what i think i will need based on what i've been told by you guys and what i've read. looking at it now i may have too many subs but you guys say its pretty normal to have lots of subs for edm.

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 12:56:53 PM »

OOOh! OOOh! Hire me! Hire me to be engineer! I have NO experience with this system either!!
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »

The Math i am doing is nothing more then finding out how much the PA will cost the numbers i am using are

x24 D&B Audiotechnik J-12 Element's         
x10 D&B Audiotechnik J-8 Front Fill's       
x24 D&B Audiotechnik J-Sub-woofers         
x4  D&B Audiotechnik M2 Monitor's           
x4  D&B Audiotechnik Amp Rack (Array only) 
x8  D&B Audiotechnik Amp Rack (Subs only)
x2  D&B Audiotechnik Amp Rack (Front Fill) 
x1  D&B Audiotechnik Amp Rack (Monitors)   

I would hire a sound engineer to tune the system. In the last thread pretty much everyone said it was going to cost at least 10k which is the number i am at right now without front fills and a mixer and an engineer, so more or less its the same cost and im not comparing the systems at all I am simply just filling out numbers of what i think i will need based on what i've been told by you guys and what i've read. looking at it now i may have too many subs but you guys say its pretty normal to have lots of subs for edm.
I will ask ONE MORE TIME (trying to keep it simple with just a single question)-what makes you think this system will fit when the other would not?
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

James Richmor

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 12:58:29 PM »

OOOh! OOOh! Hire me! Hire me to be engineer! I have NO experience with this system either!!

Yeah.....i don't know about that

Thomas Le

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2014, 01:03:08 PM »

So... just tuning? Who's running the system? You?

/s

James Richmor

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »

So... just tuning? Who's running the system? You?

/s

It is an EDM show and at every show i've been in FOH the sound engineer more or less just stands/sits there  (no offence to anyone who's worked them)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.