ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Dedicated Amp for the D&B J-Sub?  (Read 23077 times)

James Richmor

Re: Dedicated Amp for the D&B J-Sub?
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »

Why are you SO AFRAID to contact them?  They get calls all the time about gigs that they don't do.

It should not cost you anything-unless you are embarassed to do so----------

I do not want to contact the rental house because the venue itself has not even been approached by me for this event

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2014, 08:51:07 PM »

I do not want to contact the rental house because the venue itself has not even been approached by me for this event

???
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

James Richmor

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:55 PM »

???

Exactly but the great news is that PA system i was working on spec'ing is only $14,575.50. that's a bit more then 10k

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2014, 08:55:20 PM »

SO if you have not been approached-it seems as if you are doing a lot of planning and work for something that apparently you have no voice in.

As others have said-it seems like a pipe dream on your part.

If I was the person putting on the gig-I would feel better hiring somebody who knows what is going on and who does this for a living.  A lot of money can be riding on these types of events.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2014, 08:57:08 PM »

Exactly but the great news is that PA system i was working on spec'ing is only $14,575.50. that's a bit more then 10k
Did you include all the speaker and line level cables?

Does it include a power distro?  How much feeder cable do you need

And so forth-----------
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2014, 08:59:55 PM »

So the way to approach potential production companies is like this:

"Hi, I'm James and I'm putting together an estimate for a (fill in nature of event - EDM, concert, family reunion etc).  The system will need to cover about XXXX Sq FT/meters, expected attendance is XXXX, the venue is TBD but could be (name your venue and a couple alternates).  Date is also TBD but anticipated to be xx/xx."

If you did that with me, I'd ask you some other questions about the expected artists and any special needs they might have, whether or you or I contract the needed stagehand labor, how the insurance will be handled, etc and then based on those answers, generate a quote that is valid for 15 days.

I expect any professional supplier would do the same.  You're not promising anything and they're not out the time and effort to advance a show that may not happen.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

James Richmor

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2014, 09:04:00 PM »

Did you include all the speaker and line level cables?

Does it include a power distro?  How much feeder cable do you need

And so forth-----------

Uhhhh It has the price of speaker cables but not Line Level cables and no distro...........or feeder...perfect

James Richmor

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2014, 09:09:18 PM »

So the way to approach potential production companies is like this:

"Hi, I'm James and I'm putting together an estimate for a (fill in nature of event - EDM, concert, family reunion etc).  The system will need to cover about XXXX Sq FT/meters, expected attendance is XXXX, the venue is TBD but could be (name your venue and a couple alternates).  Date is also TBD but anticipated to be xx/xx."

If you did that with me, I'd ask you some other questions about the expected artists and any special needs they might have, whether or you or I contract the needed stagehand labor, how the insurance will be handled, etc and then based on those answers, generate a quote that is valid for 15 days.

I expect any professional supplier would do the same.  You're not promising anything and they're not out the time and effort to advance a show that may not happen.

I will do exactly this in fact i'll copy and paste it if you don't mind, now i just have to wait to acquire more money because as it is now i have literally less then 1k so the event is pretty far away from happening as you may imagine and i do not want to approach the sound company with so little money that i couldn't even take a guess as to when the event would happen.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2014, 09:11:36 PM »

Uhhhh It has the price of speaker cables but not Line Level cables and no distro...........or feeder...perfect
How are we supposed to know what was included in the quote-since you didn't list items.

When renting pieces-it is REAL easy to forget important things LIKE A POWER DISTRO AND FEEDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A real sound company will have that on the truck and has a lot more flexibility for dealing with situations that come up.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2014, 09:13:53 PM »

...as it is now i have literally less then 1k...

Wanna buy some magic beans?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2014, 09:13:53 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 24 queries.