ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Dedicated Amp for the D&B J-Sub?  (Read 23334 times)

James Richmor

Re: Dedicated Amp for the D&B J-Sub?
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 01:09:38 PM »

I will ask ONE MORE TIME (trying to keep it simple with just a single question)-what makes you think this system will fit when the other would not?

The Other system would have worked fine i am sure as i said the only reason im considering this system is because i can find out exactly how much it will cost me without having to contact the rental house about this. As it was Once said on this board "The K2 is the answer to the J-12" i was fortunate enough to have some one send me a sound vision screenshoot of the venue with a 12 box a side K2 rig and it looks pretty good to me

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 01:09:45 PM »

It just gets better and better.  Where is Alan Funt?

Popcorn and soft drinks are available in the lobby.... ;)

This started with a thread in the Big
boy section, was locked and re-posted in the Lounge.  It has now gained enough downward momentum to be headed for the Basement.

Beyond that...GEARSLUTZ.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Thomas Le

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 01:10:24 PM »

It is an EDM show and at every show i've been in FOH the sound engineer more or less just stands/sits there  (no offence to anyone who's worked them)

Not exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4iBGI4O2Ck&list=UULU5LoeyT9q2F4txMcrvUnQ

James Richmor

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 01:13:05 PM »

Not exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4iBGI4O2Ck&list=UULU5LoeyT9q2F4txMcrvUnQ

Lol i've actually seen that video many times i was looking at using a Leo System for this show. The thing about that show is they have a much large PA then i plan on using and it's out doors

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »

James...

Bless you for your even keel and good humor.  Enjoy your dreams and try not to go into debt for them.  If you ever raise enough money to do a real show, hire everything done for you.  Please don't try to DIY.

Good luck.  Write if you get work...

James Richmor

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 01:41:29 PM »

James...

Bless you for your even keel and good humor.  Enjoy your dreams and try not to go into debt for them.  If you ever raise enough money to do a real show, hire everything done for you.  Please don't try to DIY.

Good luck.  Write if you get work...

This show will take place i can promise it and i will indeed hire everything except the lighting design.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 02:02:50 PM »

This show will take place i can promise it and i will indeed hire everything except the lighting design.

Having read all the posts here, I just want to say this:

The main thing I have learned over the years is to know when I am out of my depth and not to be afraid to ask for help. The most successful businessmen in the world learned to delegate very early on in their carreers.

We cannot all be experts at everything and networking is a wonderful resource available to us all allowing us to put each skill set in the right hands. 

Please do not let your pride prevent you from taking the appropriate steps to do this right.

That way, you can handle the lights, the sound experts can handle the sound and the show is a success…ta da..
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2014, 02:10:04 PM »

It is an EDM show and at every show i've been in FOH the sound engineer more or less just stands/sits there  (no offence to anyone who's worked them)
Agreed.  I usually try to catch a nap-walk around to other stages etc.

Depending on the artist there is not usually much to do.

This will piss off many-but that aspect I REALLY enjoy about the EDM shows.  No set changes-no line checks every hour-no monitors to deal with (The DJs have their own level control and no mixing)

No running around trying to get gear back from bands that are trying to walk off with mics/stands/cables/dis etc.

Generally once the show starts, there is nothing to do-except keep an eye on the amps and limiters etc.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2014, 02:11:23 PM »

The Other system would have worked fine i am sure as i said the only reason im considering this system is because i can find out exactly how much it will cost me without having to contact the rental house about this.
Why are you SO AFRAID to contact them?  They get calls all the time about gigs that they don't do.

It should not cost you anything-unless you are embarassed to do so----------
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2014, 02:39:13 PM »

Why are you SO AFRAID to contact them?  They get calls all the time about gigs that they don't do.

It should not cost you anything-unless you are embarassed to do so----------

Ivan, et al...

Contacting a sound company about realizing your pet dreams runs the risk of injecting reality into the situation.  There is a very real danger of losing the hope inherent in dreams when the dreams are realized.  You're left with reality and there is often a very shocking gap between the two.

Yet one may take some satisfaction in the effort.  But in the end the dream is gone...

Edit:

Go to YouTube and find the movie "Shirley Valentine".  start at 1:00:00 and watch for 6 minutes.  Great treatment of dreams culminating with Tom Conti's line, "Dreams...they are never where you expect them to be."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:53:09 PM by dick rees »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2014, 02:39:13 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.