ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Contest for VP-1000SB  (Read 5421 times)

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
Contest for VP-1000SB
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:56:37 PM »

Everyone,

I just received a box of 10 Amprobe VP1000sb Non Contact Voltage Testers for a giveaway on this forum. I like Tim's idea of everyone sending pics of best stage practices they've personally seen or worked on. After a month of collecting these pics in a separate thread, I'll post a survey and ask for everyone to vote on their favorite safe stage setup. The top 10 pics each get a free tester mailed to them. Any thoughts on how to make this contest more fair, educational, fun, goofy, etc?

I want to win this so I am submitting my entry now.  We have a limited space for our worship team so we knew we had to keep it neat or we would be in big trouble.  We already had a old fashioned alter rail so we built a box behind it and routed microphone jacks, and IEM jacks  from the top surface to a floor pocket under the box.  We sit little 10 in  laptops on it for the IEM personal mixers. (battery powered and wireless hookup so no cords.  Each mic and earphone is plugged in right in front of where it is used with a 10 ft cable. 

We want to build a new platform but for now this is working.

http://lbpinc.com/neat%20cable.JPG
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:59:07 PM by Frank DeWitt »
Not to Code

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Contest for VP-1000SB
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 10:57:24 PM »

OK, Frank goaded me into starting the contest. I have five Amprobe VP-1000SB testers reserved for the top 5 pictures of neat/safe stages or sound systems you've seen, worked on, or been around. Please take (or have taken) these shots yourself and post them on this thread. After 30 days I'll take a poll of your favorite pictures and the top 5 will win a VP-1000SB NCVT.

So post your pics here and let the contest begin.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
Re: Contest for VP-1000SB
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 10:35:56 AM »

Well this isn't much fun yet.  I am hoping for some good ideas for our new platform.  I have seen a setup where there is a trough across the front of the stage with flush cover sections.  Mic cords lay in the trough and come out through little mouse holes (small slots in the edge of the cover) wherever needed.  It seems like it would lead to neatness but I would like to here from someone who has that setup.

Me,  the cleanest setup I ever had was when I ran sound for a mime troupe.  I know it sounds easy, but the sound check drove me crazy.  They would just keep tapping on there imaginary mics.
Not to Code

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 11:41:05 AM »

I would love to join-but since our church went to virtually all cordless mics and we don't use amplified instruments, it's hardly fair.  I did use install a floor pocket under the pulpit for that mic-was frustrated that I could only find a locking TRS for a second line in jack (Pastor sometimes likes to play a sound clip from his phone-easier for him than to cue soundman).  I understand the pluses of locking-but sometimes helpful volunteers under pressure to move the pulpit remove cords-locked or not (how do you think a farmer reacts when something doesn't cooperate!).  Otherwise the floor pockets are very nice-if a bit pricey.  I too am watching for a future platform remodel, though.

I used to use a setup for our western service where we had hay bales stacked in front of trailer-all cords were under trailer and came up between bales and trailer-but I can't find any pics and now we have cordless.
Steve Swaffer

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 12:29:04 PM »

OK, Frank goaded me into starting the contest. I have five Amprobe VP-1000SB testers reserved for the top 5 pictures of neat/safe stages or sound systems you've seen, worked on, or been around. Please take (or have taken) these shots yourself and post them on this thread. After 30 days I'll take a poll of your favorite pictures and the top 5 will win a VP-1000SB NCVT.

So post your pics here and let the contest begin.

Respectfully, I'd think the worse stages would win the the probes, as they would be in urgent need of guidance/tools for safety, the neat stages already have their S#!^ together....

Mike

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 12:36:15 PM »

Respectfully, I'd think the worse stages would win the the probes, as they would be in urgent need of guidance/tools for safety, the neat stages already have their S#!^ together....

Mike

The worst stages should be consumed in a great conflagration, imitative of the likely outcome of the dodgy practices.

Think "The Station" and Great White, or Beverly Hills Supper Club, all minus the dead folks.

And yes, I'm deadly serious.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 01:17:15 PM »

The worst stages should be consumed in a great conflagration, imitative of the likely outcome of the dodgy practices.

Think "The Station" and Great White, or Beverly Hills Supper Club, all minus the dead folks.

And yes, I'm deadly serious.

Good point, but them I'm the one that thinks cops should give out rewards for following traffic laws, not the other way around...

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 01:26:21 PM »

Mike
That was my thought as well...
frank

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 01:31:54 PM »

Those with the worst stages are not aware of how bad they are, nor do they particularly care. The folks who care (and do things correctly) tend to already have the tools (and use them).

"To him who hath, it shall be given."

Mark C.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 02:13:17 PM »

Those with the worst stages are not aware of how bad they are, nor do they particularly care. The folks who care (and do things correctly) tend to already have the tools (and use them).

"To him who hath, it shall be given."

Mark C.

I think it is 90% attitude.  More then once I have tracked down hum with a 50 year old telephone butt set.   I started building DI boxes for sale because I needed good ones for church and couldn't afford them. (And couldn't find them with the features I wanted.)
Not to Code

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 02:13:17 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.