ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New RGBAW Flat PAR's for the Band, So far so good!  (Read 10502 times)

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
Re: New RGBAW Flat PAR's for the Band, So far so good!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 03:22:30 PM »

The moment has come where I can no longer trust the Blizzards I have and its time to purchase some extra lights.  Mine only go out once a month or so.  I am curious what you guys use for controllers the above set ups.  I currently have a similar setup by my board limitation only allows me to pair lights instead of each individually.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 05:58:11 AM »

The moment has come where I can no longer trust the Blizzards I have and its time to purchase some extra lights.  Mine only go out once a month or so.  I am curious what you guys use for controllers the above set ups.  I currently have a similar setup by my board limitation only allows me to pair lights instead of each individually.

I would look at a PC based solution.  A flexible enough board is going to be north of 5k.

If you like learning programming languages (it's actually a macro language to be technical) the Jands 500's pop up under $500 and they have lot's of programmable buttons.

Really depends if the operator is PC kind of person or like consoles.

The biggest cluster f*** I ever saw was a guy trying to mix and do lights on 1 iPad.  He did neither well.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 08:17:02 PM »

Quick update.  So we're about 6 months into regular usage and I did have an issue come up.  Last weekend one of the fixture did not power up (power pass-thru and dmx pass-thru were no issue).  Pulled the fixture apart and the power supply was dead.  Seller is shipping a new one out that we'll replace on our own.  Road cases are still in the works so these are probably getting a little rougher life than they should.  Happy with the seller's response to the issue so I'm still in a good mood on these fixtures given the fairly insignificant investment.

Martin,

How did you make out with the repair?  How has the support been once you encountered a problem from start to finish?  Thinking about going your route just skeptical about the long term life span and support once an issue arises.

Allen Smith

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 10:52:09 PM »

So the band I'm in has been shopping lighting for some time, as it's one of things we've run into trouble sourcing consistent rentals at prices that don't kill profitability.  With bang for the buck in mind...we made the decision to give some Ebay LED's a shot (Chinese manufacture/American seller).  These are 9x12w RGBAW flat pars with a metal housing.  Everything is perfect out of the box...the fans are definitely noticable, but for a club/outdoor environment really are a non-issue.  They get rediculously bright (no specs available) and the color reproduction is pretty good imo, the caveat being i have never worked with extreme top-of-the-line stuff. At significantly less than $100 per fixture we are using 16 for backline and 4 for front lighting, all controlled by American DJ MyDMX, which i previously owned. 

The big tell with these will be how long they hold up to travel, setup/teardown etc. The good news is that they will have paid for themselves in saved rental fees after about 12 shows.  If we get several years of shows out of them, great investment.  Our normal rentals are a combination of older Chauvet Colorado Tri fixtures and Chauvet Color Band Pix strips.  The results so far are fanatastic.  Attached is a pic of a club date we did where we provided sound/lighting for ourselves (as the opener) and Joe Diffie.

Hey that is Shooters in the pic.  I think I have seen your light rig in there.  It covers the stage nicely.

Rob Gow

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 04:14:43 PM »

Hey that is Shooters in the pic.  I think I have seen your light rig in there.  It covers the stage nicely.

I use DMXIS to control my lights. It's software based and fairly easy to use.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber