ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seismic Audio LINE Array ? WOW Everybody wants a line array  (Read 47372 times)

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
Re: Seismic Audio LINE Array ? WOW Everybody wants a line array
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2014, 12:00:50 AM »

Also the lack of pattern data and the general hype with no fact PR application oriented marketing make it hard to see as a serious effort.

The people that buy these don't read specs anyway.  If they are loud they are going to be happy.  Reality doesn't matter.  You can't  even talk to them.  I have approached guys pushing cheap cabinets into audible distress. I used all the diplomacy and professional detachment I could muster and have never gotten anywhere. 

The people that buy these things just are not trained.  It's a viscous cycle.  The folks that know what they are doing forced to operate this gear do the best they can and get all they can get out of what they hear.

Being a capitalist I can't fault a company for filling a niche.  Let's be honest people are going to buy these things, 

We all know this and live with it everyday, but nobody wants to pin the blame of all the bad audio practiced around us everywhere (and IMHO outnumbers instances of "good" audio) squarely and definitely on the manufacturers, their shareholders and the boards of directors (who usually have never done audio ever) and their insatiable race-to-the-bottom pricing and quarterly demand for increased sales.

Sorry to be a "Negative Nancy" but I'm sitting here listening at our town's only bar&restaurant to their "new" Bose system with a blown subs and grossly overdriven amp -after they trashed a rather decent 90's era Yamaha system with nothing really wrong with it (other than it not being new/shiny)
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

plproduction

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »

Ok, how long anybody been in this business

plproduction

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2014, 09:09:33 PM »

Give this people a chance, you guys remember Carver amps or the word Phase Linear mean anything to anybody here o I forgot you guys come from beings graduates of MIT so that is why you guys are bashing on this company, people used to talk bad about Adamson and look at the position they are now, also look at DAS audio consider Peavey in their country it takes time for the marketing to catch on

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2014, 09:14:36 PM »

Give this people a chance, you guys remember Carver amps or the word Phase Linear mean anything to anybody here o I forgot you guys come from beings graduates of MIT so that is why you guys are bashing on this company, people used to talk bad about Adamson and look at the position they are now, also look at DAS audio consider Peavey in their country it takes time for the marketing to catch on
It would help if you followed the rules and used your real name or whatever you are tying to say will be deleted---------
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Thomas Le

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

-snip- never mind
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:14:55 PM by Thomas Le »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.