ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Software for intricate control and MIDI integration  (Read 1521 times)

Jonathan Hiemberg

Software for intricate control and MIDI integration
« on: September 17, 2014, 05:08:16 pm »

We currently use Blizzard Eclipse to control our LED fixtures at two venues - it works great for volunteers and for our current uses.

We have a production coming up where we'd like to to more intricate programming: IE specific cues and using a few movers with specific locations (rather than just moving around).

At the same time, we'd like to cue these exactly to the sound track. I thought I could use software along the lines of Cubase or Ableton Live to set MIDI cues along the tracks to cue the next scene or step in the scene. Or is there a better way to do this?

Mac or PC doesn't matter - both are available.

One further question - I'd like some DMX controllable outlets, but not dimmers, just on/off, for a couple of fans and fluorescent fixtures (UV lights). Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Josh Daws

Re: Software for intricate control and MIDI integration
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 08:59:22 pm »

take a look at martin MPC, it do time code which is what you are effectively looking to do, then as far as dim/relay packs, try the elation DP-415

Jano Svitok

• SR Forums
  • Bratislava, Slovakia
    • zvukari.sk
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 02:56:54 am »

QLC+ has timed show capability - you can have both the soundtrack and the lights in the program. qlcplus.sourceforge.net
See also this post: https://sourceforge.net/p/qlcplus/discussion/general/thread/906e0e33/#6d26

Jonathan Hiemberg

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 12:51:34 am »

QLC+ has timed show capability - you can have both the soundtrack and the lights in the program. qlcplus.sourceforge.net
See also this post: https://sourceforge.net/p/qlcplus/discussion/general/thread/906e0e33/#6d26

Just wanted to say that QLC+ has met the need and I'm really enjoying this program so far.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 12:51:34 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.