ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Mobile Steaming Interface  (Read 2383 times)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Wireless Mobile Steaming Interface
« on: September 04, 2014, 02:07:45 PM »

I am in search of a device that would allow a user too connect and stream music content directly from their phone.  The application would be a locker room where individuals could play music from their phone without the need for any intervention on the back end. A brand independent option would be preferred...ie, not airplay.  I am ok with making the user download an app, but there would also need to be a device to actually output the signal to the sound system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Wireless Mobile Steaming Interface
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 02:19:05 PM »

I am in search of a device that would allow a user too connect and stream music content directly from their phone.  The application would be a locker room where individuals could play music from their phone without the need for any intervention on the back end.

Soap on a rope???
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 02:20:39 PM »

I am in search of a device that would allow a user too connect and stream music content directly from their phone.  The application would be a locker room where individuals could play music from their phone without the need for any intervention on the back end. A brand independent option would be preferred...ie, not airplay.  I am ok with making the user download an app, but there would also need to be a device to actually output the signal to the sound system.

Sonos Connect.  $349.  Analog and digital audio out.  There's also an amplified version for $499.  The user can stream from just about any music service, a NAS hard drive, anything connected to the local RCA line in, and also wirelessly stream music stored on the phone, tablet, or PC controller.

EDIT: There is a free app that needs to be downloaded.  Also, you have to press a button on the Sonos hardware each time you want to pair a new phone.  Once it's paired you don't have to touch the Sonos device again.  But you would need to be able to access it for each initial pairing.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:22:53 PM by Scott Carneval »

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »

ARX Blue DI Bluetooth DI is around $200.

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 05:12:39 PM »

The Peavey BTS2.2 is a portable bluetooth loudspeaker that also has a 3.5mm stereo output jack. You can use that output jack to plug into your installed system.

It has a stack of other neat little features, too.

It can be had for $70-$90.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:32:45 PM »

Wow, thanks for all the input guys, I didn't know most of this stuff existed.

Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:32:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.