ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: New Presonus mixers announced:  (Read 24864 times)

Thomas Le

Re: New Presonus mixers announced:
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 08:41:13 PM »

Well done PreSonus, great looking unit there, now lets play the price guessing game!

I'm estimating X32 rack? ;)

Edit: Whoops, I've duplicated Brian's post. Sorry!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:45:28 PM by Thomas Le »

Scott Bolt

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »

Well done PreSonus, great looking unit there, now lets play the price guessing game!

I'm estimating X32 rack? ;)

Edit: Whoops, I've duplicated Brian's post. Sorry!

Rumor is $1999.95 for the RM32AI and $1399.95 for the RM16AI.

Close in price to the X32 Rack.

Close enough for many who would never purchase anything from Behringer, but are open to the idea of mixing on a tablet.

Mike Sullivan

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 09:41:38 PM »

This could be a game changer, or it could be less than expected.  Having 32 in's and 16 dedicated mix out's PLUS L/R/Mono outs does open quite a door for them, especially for those bands that have upwards of 8 stereo IEM's. And of course the recallable pre's finally put them up with everyone else.  As long as the new AI DSP is better than the original Studiolive's (When I switched back to my Studiolive after using the X32 and the Performer on shows, the EQ didn't seem to sound as great IMHO) then I think this has a chance in certain markets.  I still think the Studiolive has one of the best monitor control interfaces out of the lower tiers, thanks to the Qmix app.

Now, as everyone has said, the real question is, how hurt is your wallet going to be?  If the price point is reasonable, it may be worth looking at.  Probably still not going to be a rider-friendly board, but a cool toy nonetheless.

Close in price to the X32 Rack.

Close enough for many who would never purchase anything from Behringer, but are open to the idea of mixing on a tablet.

Any rumors about the UC Surface prices by chance?  Even though the iPad would work fine, the surface does make it look extremely interesting.
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 11:32:06 PM »

PreSonus is really stepping up their game. Their new series of speakers (voiced by Dave Gunness and Fulcrum Acoustics) sound fantastic, and the company just brought WorxAudio into the fold. The TrueLine  V5 from WorxAudio is one of the nicest ultra compact systems I have heard.

PreSonus is also getting into Dante in a big way with cards for the consoles and even speakers. I think the FireWire ports won't get used much after the Dante cards get released. You can just hook up a computer running the Virtual Sound card into the Dante network for record and playback.

While I do like faders, I have been mixing on an iPad remotely connected to a console for a while now and have come to terms with the future.  For a bigger display less that a grand buys you an all-in-one desktop computer with a 22" or larger touchscreen. I'm sure those prices will drop by Xmas.

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Brian Wynn

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 11:35:32 PM »

Well Presonus has done it again!  Came out with another completely useless product.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 11:41:45 PM »

Well Presonus has done it again!  Came out with another completely useless product.

Not useless at all.  AFAIK, this is the only direct competitor to the X32 rack that's been announced.

For bands that set it and forget it, the iPad interface is all you really need.  For anything else, a surface is far superior.  Maybe someone will build a universal surface that can control anyone else's brains.  Then the world will change.
Brian Jojade

Richard Turner

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 11:50:57 PM »

Battle ready?

What are we supposed to fight with it?

SO where does the magic happen, is this a stand alone piece as in rack box plus ipad and off and running? or does it need a corei7 computer attached to do its thing?
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 01:24:40 AM »

You do realize that thousands of people use their "worthless" products  to earn money, or are you completely clueless?

Brian Wynn

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 01:38:01 AM »

You do realize that thousands of people use their "worthless" products  to earn money, or are you completely clueless?

They are worthless to me because.
1  Doesn't have a real surface
2  Im sure it sounds as bad as the other SL mixers
3  It operates on windows 8 so it has to suck
4  All the I/O is on the stage
5  No monitoring at the mix position
6  No front panel controls (when the iPad gets broken at the gig or the battery dies)
Im sure once I put my hands on it the list will grow.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 03:19:44 AM »

The rm16ai only have 8 auxes this means just 4 stereo iem's and no other monitor outputs so the rm32ai will be the rm16ai biggest competitor.

With only $600 difference (probably less in reality!) most people would probably buy the rm32ai even ift it's an overkill and the rm16ai will have a hard time mostly sitting on the shelfs.

It looks like they've removed the line inputs and inserts so some studio users that uses the other studiolives might become upset.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:23:59 AM by Robert Lofgren »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 03:19:44 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.