ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL STX - Amp Recommendations  (Read 26608 times)

Yosi Melamed

Re: JBL STX - Amp Recommendations
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 02:03:42 AM »

The 825 has a 90x50 pattern - not ideal for arraying multiple boxes. The 835's 60x40 pattern is much better for arraying, and with 4 boxes the OP seems to intend to array.
Thank you for the correcting me about the slot loading vs horn loading, plus don't know why I missed the pattern difference :(
Don't bring up facts that can ruin our good argument.

Crown i-Tech 8000
Allen & Heath ZED60-14FX
4 X Cerwin Vega ProStax PS-12 II
1 X Cerwin Vega Sub 15
1 X Rolls RS-80 Tuner
1 X MaxxBass 101
1 X Weekend warrior

Tariq khan

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 04:40:08 PM »

Friends I am looking amplifier for 2 jbl stx 815m and 2 jbl stx 815m any recmandation please let me know thanks

Thomas Le

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 05:48:03 PM »

Friends I am looking amplifier for 2 jbl stx 815m and 2 jbl stx 815m any recmandation please let me know thanks

What's your budget? It could go either way, from iTech 4x3500 to X4000.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 07:16:14 PM »

… two STX815M and two STX815M?

Alrighty then…. so 4 STX 815Ms?!?

I-Techs are just fine. I've been using an IT4K on 812Ms (had to build a preset; based on the SRX 712M and just made a couple small adjustments) and since I only have two STX815Ms, I have been using an MA9000i on those, just because it was something I had around and I didn't have to purchase something else.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 07:30:40 PM »

I would treat them pretty much like an SRX, meaning power them with whatever you would power an SRX system with.  I-Techs are good, but there are others out there that are as good or even better, depending on budget of course.
You can possibly make an argument about one amp topology being better than another, but if you care about sound quality, speaker protection, and an integrated system, there is no equal to the ITHD. The number of folks out there who have the engineering and listening chops to potentially outdo JBL's factory tuning on another amp platform would fit on a couple hands.   This is not even close to a lounge-level project.

Jonathan Betts

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/JLB-Sound-and-Production/156817657745906
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 07:41:32 PM »

You can possibly make an argument about one amp topology being better than another, but if you care about sound quality, speaker protection, and an integrated system, there is no equal to the ITHD. The number of folks out there who have the engineering and listening chops to potentially outdo JBL's factory tuning on another amp platform would fit on a couple hands.   This is not even close to a lounge-level project.

I recently had one of these individuals come and tune my ITech SRX/Danley systems. The improvement over the factory  tunings is amazing . I am willing to share these. PM me if interested.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 07:41:32 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.