ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: This will trip a properly wired breaker, right?  (Read 12087 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: This will trip a properly wired breaker, right?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 10:03:51 PM »

Federal Pacific makes 3Ø panels with cams? Cos I'd expect nothing less at your house. :-D

-Ray

The replacement service will have a 50 amp disconnect in the back yard.  I've got a perfect spot to park a generator if I need more.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 10:53:55 PM »

The replacement service will have a 50 amp disconnect in the back yard.  I've got a perfect spot to park a generator if I need more.

.... meh... ok.................... Haha.

On my pile of Things To Do -- I am going to pull a separate 200A service for my garage. I installed a separate panel out there, and have wired some common twist locks already-- 50A range plug for an RV, 50A inside, couple of L14-30s, couple of L5-30s... I just need to pull from the pole down the property line and to the garage.

... since I am currently living out there (long story involving my parents living here, and now my sister and her two daughters ages 3 and 7) having better power then a random 20A circuit off the hot tub panel, and a 30A 1Ø RV circuit-converted to 14-50 - to gennie twist - hard wired into the panel out there to light up one or two circuits -- would sure be nice!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2014, 06:08:44 PM »

For the past 6 years I have had a generator in the back yard with a L14-30 connection to a hard wired inlet to a 100a transfer switch. When power went out, I would go to the back yard, start the genny (at least it was electric start) then go in and manually throw the transfer switch. I had a bunch of useful stuff on a sub panel from the switch.

Fast forward to this past week... Last weekend I dug trenches with a rented excavator for a propane line and for connecting up a larger auto start standby generator.

Of course, I needed to remove the old wiring.

Today we finished laying down the sand for the propane line and plumbing in all the PVC pipe to the generator location.

I am typing this in the dark on UPS power since a thunderstorm took out power half an hour ago :-)

Sigh....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2014, 06:08:44 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.