ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PRX618XLF Molex on speaker magnet won't stay connected  (Read 1114 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
PRX618XLF Molex on speaker magnet won't stay connected
« on: August 30, 2014, 09:58:45 pm »

I stopped by one of the production houses I work with yesterday and he asked me to take a look at a pair of PRX-618XLF that were cutting in and out before he sent the amp module out for repair.

The module out of the speaker had no problems and I swapped amps with a known good unit and no issues with the driver.

It seems as if the molex on the amplifier side is undersized and not a tight fit as one would expect.

It is very difficult to visually assess as the owner did not want me to break the seal and take the driver out. 

Has anyone seen this issue and possibly developed a fix?

As always, thanks in advance.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Derek D Sanchez

• DDSProductions.
Re: PRX618XLF Molex on speaker magnet won't stay connected
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 07:33:51 pm »

I had one jbl prx 618xlf that sounded like something was lose inside, finally got a chance to open it up after like 6 events I used a pair for and the connector to the sub got loose and was just hanging there disconnected. I didn't even notice it was off at the shows since the amp module still shows signal even though the sub was unhooked, I plugged it back in and it just sits there without actually locking, it should at least lock into the sub, checked the other one and that one doesn't lock either. My fix was to tape the wire near the sub to the wood beam inside the enclosure to keep it from coming loose during transport since I flip them a lot unloading from a truck bed. Derek

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: PRX618XLF Molex on speaker magnet won't stay connected
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 07:33:51 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.