ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steve M Smith approching 1000 posts  (Read 10201 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: Steve M Smith approching 1000 posts
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »

You best be coming through with this prize. I expect something similar in 175 posts!!

I'm really tempted to bid on that Ebay HotDogger for fun. It's both terrifying and fascinating at the same time.  ;D

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 03:36:46 PM »

Steve, you're at 973 posts right now, within spittin' distance of your Hot-Dogger ...

In the British Isles, I believe that would be Banger-er. Or something like that.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 03:38:45 PM »

In the British Isles, I believe that would be Banger-er. Or something like that.

I just had Bangers and Mash the other week. It's fantastic, but pretty high in calories and other bad stuff, I think.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 06:36:33 PM »

I just had Bangers and Mash the other week. It's fantastic, but pretty high in calories and other bad stuff, I think.

That's why I hate places that put the nutritional information up. I mean, come one, McDonalds, I know you are bad, why are you shoving that info in my face?? lol.

I have the same feelings about that as I do with things like the recent initiative here in WaState to label GMO foods as such… those who care about it, are already making the right choices (buying organic, shopping at somewhere like Trader Joe's that guarantees no GMO ingredients in their house label, etc) -- those who don't care might not be swayed by a label/sign in McDonalds.

I'm hungry now.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Johannes Halvorsen

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2014, 03:36:18 PM »

Ah, the memories... I remember my high school physics teacher tripping the braker to the whole wing as the sossage cooked an bended it self enough to bring the two forks in contact with each other. The trick, we all learned, is to avoid perpendicular insertion of electrodes of combined lenght greater than the subject wiener in question.

I also remember building my own version with two nails hammered through a piece of wood; and how the much to small contact surface made the instrument a very effective arc based sossage burner. I imagine the resulting stinking smoke cloud in my dear mother's kitchen would have drawn sentimental tears from the guys working the switches on Death Row during the happy fifties...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:40:49 PM by Johannes Halvorsen »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2014, 03:36:18 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.