ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Using second layer (33-64) on LS9 when you only have 32 physical outputs  (Read 7914 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Re: Using second layer (33-64) on LS9 when you only have 32 physical outputs
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »

Being there are 20 people that move in and out of the band, there would have to be 400 scenes to capture all the possible variations.  This is why I think scenes would not work.  Correct me if I am wrong please. 
I do think your right and head amp does not have a copy paste function.  So is your thought process to create 20 specific fader channels (one for each performer) on the 2nd or custom layer and when they perform simply  use the channel move function, then tweak the gain?

That isn't my suggestion, but it's one option. I think the guys were right in the first place. If you can't save multiple headamp settings for one headamp without scenes, why not just use channel EQ and DYN libraries? Now if keeping monitor mixes is important, you could do this -

Just set up all the channels you might need, in ANY order on channels 1-32 and 33-64. Like all your usual stuff, and then a channel for every vocalist which might show up. Then on a daily basis just deploy the 32 you want on the custom fader layer and then adjust the gains if needed.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 11:44:47 PM »

Baring adjustments to monitors I still think the EQ/DYN libraries combined with a cheat sheet for HA gain will probably be the best option(especially as the number of possible singers increases). I imagine that the time it takes to recall the EQ/DYN settings will be about the same as fixing the custom layer for the desired setup and setting the HA from the cheat sheet.

Sent from my Moto X (XT1053) using Tapatalk

Henrik Vaaben

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »

I'll second the custom layer -it doesn't take long to build one and you'll need only one fader for stereo channels if they are linked - the other channel will follow...

Henrik Vaaben

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 06:45:47 PM »

I'll second the custom layer -it doesn't take long to build one and you'll need only one fader for stereo channels if they are linked - the other channel will follow...

Henrik Vaaben

Third.

this is exactly what i would do.  Use the 64 channels as a 'channel library' and then assign what i needed any given week to the custom fader level.

Just remember to mute all the unused channels on the first two layers or you might get some pretty bizarre behavior, especially in pre fader monitor sends.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Tor Erik L Johansen

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »

Recall safe and scene.
I would store the show as a new scene every day for some weeks, until you have all the different members. Make a note of who Play on the different scenes.
Then recall a scene with the drummer, recall safe on these channels,recall next scene with the bass player of the day, recall safe on him to, and so on.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.