ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Crest Pro-LITE to drive two JBL SR4718X (4 ohm)  (Read 2322 times)

Tomer Hagay

Which Crest Pro-LITE to drive two JBL SR4718X (4 ohm)
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:27:59 AM »

Hi,

Looking for a quick advice as I don't have experience with the Pro-LITEs.
I like the size (and price) of the 3.0, but would it be powerful enough, or should I go with the 5.0?

Thanks!

Montez Carter

Re: Which Crest Pro-LITE to drive two JBL SR4718X (4 ohm)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 11:24:52 PM »

Hi,

Looking for a quick advice as I don't have experience with the Pro-LITEs.
I like the size (and price) of the 3.0, but would it be powerful enough, or should I go with the 5.0?

Thanks!

I have purchased six of the Pro Lite 5.0's out of those six one was DOA and another just died yesterday driving the high section of  Martin W8LC's 4 ohm per channel. The DOA one would not even power up and the one that died is not showing the green active light just showing the blue signal light staying on (even when there is no signal)but not passing audio. It had less than 10 hours on it from mostly just test and tuning. I have the 5.0's on all 3 pass bands of that speaker and they sound great even in the low mid, just have to keep them working. I have a call into Crest service as they are still under warranty but getting a little buyers remorse at this point. It is a new product, but is made in China but what is not these days. Not exactly what you are looking for but just thought it would be helpful in your research. (Oh I have actually purchased seven as the first one I ordered did the same thing with the signal light when I initially plugged it up with no load applied). It was returned for a replacement.

Tomer Hagay

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 01:23:26 AM »

Not exactly what you are looking for but just thought it would be helpful in your research.

Indeed not exactly what I was looking for, but very helpful before making a decision.
Did Crest customer service acknowledge having issues?

This is for a small B rig and I'm looking for something lightweight, low cost and reliable, since I won't have spares.

Montez Carter

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:26:08 PM »

Indeed not exactly what I was looking for, but very helpful before making a decision.
Did Crest customer service acknowledge having issues?

This is for a small B rig and I'm looking for something lightweight, low cost and reliable, since I won't have spares.
They responded today. Its covered for 5 years against Manufacturer defects. I am going to try a local dealer close to me as they are an authorized service center, figuring that will save me on shipping. Today the guys (my crew) needed an extra amplfier for  two more side fill subs. The first pair are driven by a QSC 4.0 so I took one of the working Pro Lites and used it for the other two subs so they would have 2 subs per side of Martin WS218X. Not scientific but by me muting the channel on the DSP from one amp to the other they seemed to have about the same amount of attack on the kick and neither was in clip at a pretty good volume on stage. We will see if it runs through the weekend at this festival as we are having heat indexes over 100 here in the Ohio Valley will report back on how it does with some sustained notes after the weekend.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:26:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.