ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backlighting a DJ facade?  (Read 4520 times)

Woody Nuss

• Santa Monica, CA
Backlighting a DJ facade?
« on: August 26, 2014, 01:16:09 AM »

Hello,

I want to backlight one of those folding acrylic DJ frontboards on the cheap. What's good and bad in that world? I would prefer something I can drop in place and forget about until strike.

I have seen square panels, round panels, long strips, even tiny strings of LEDs used to light these things, so what should I know before I make a purchase? The piece is about 6.5 feet wide by 39 inches tall in three panel sections and two side sections.

The budget is very low-

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:18:41 AM by Woody Nuss »

Nate Armstrong

Re: Backlighting a DJ facade?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:20 AM »

If you plan on going with other DMX fixtures as well and want to integrate your facade led lighting, I would go with strip lights.

If not and you are only planning on lighting the facade non DMX. you could go the RGB led strip direction.
there are many youtube videos on it.  you can get them locally from the link below . you can also find better deals on line. and you can also get DMX interfaces.  with the below system, you could mount the lights directly on the back side of the facade. for faster setup and strike. 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Armacost-Lighting-8-ft-LED-RGB-Color-Changing-Tape-Light-RF5050030-12CCD/203227249

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Backlighting a DJ facade?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:20 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.