ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Audio Setup  (Read 17438 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Church Audio Setup
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »

JJ...

There are two mics, I think.  No "mixing". 
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2014, 04:09:44 PM »

JJ...

There are two mics, I think.  No "mixing".

Russell's situation actually sounds very similar to my situation. At my home church, we, too, have a traditional service comprised of the spoken word and congregational singing with an electric organ for accompaniment in a sanctuary that seats about 120. We have two mics: one at the pulpit, and one for announcements.

Most of the time there is no mixing. We do have to adjust the pulpit channel for different preachers, but that's a once-a-Sunday deal at the beginning of the service.

Even so, there are special events such as weddings and funerals. At these, the families often want special music, vocalists, multiple speakers, etc. When that happens, I will bring in my bigger mixer, a snake, extra microphones, etc. and patch it into the system.

As for what I wrote before: I wrote it not only for Russell's benefit, but for anyone in a similar situation who might stumble across this thread (or any of the dozens of similar threads posted in this forum ;) ). Therefore, I included some things that others may want to consider.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2014, 04:16:44 PM »

JJ...

Still trying to get all the pertinent information regarding the physical space before proceeding to any hypotheticals.

Let's keep the cart squarely behind the horse for a while...

And while we're at it, I'd love to know where and how the wiring is run for the ceiling speaker.  It MIGHT be very useful...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:53:28 PM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Russell Bantin

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2014, 05:09:26 PM »

JJ...

Still trying to get all the pertinent information regarding the physical space before proceeding to any hypotheticals.

Let's keep the cart squarely behind the horse for a while...

And while we're at it, I'd love to know where and how the wiring is run for the ceiling speaker.  It MIGHT be very useful...
I am in meetings until Wednesday... Will get measurements when I get back.... Thanks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2014, 05:09:26 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.